My Samsung S5 Mini screen is smashed and black. How can I get my data off of it?

A

AC Question

My Samsung s5 Mini screen is smashed and black.

The phone turns on and i need to get pictures and videos off but is not showing up on my computer when plugged in with USB. I have tried calling the phone and says number unavailable but i keep hearing text tone.

ET2E

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Samsung s5 Mini screen is smashed and black.

Does your phone has a passcode? If so, you will be unable to retrieve your photos unless you either open it, or have USB debugging on in the settings.

So sorry about your phone !!

Posted via the Android Central App

Halllen

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: My Samsung s5 Mini screen is smashed and black.

Method 1: Recover the files with your Samsung account
This Method will work Only if you used to have Samsung account on your smartphone, you can check if your Samsung account is registered or not here.

1. Go onto the Samsung website.
2. Click the Find my phone button.
3. Login Using your Samsung Account you used to have on your smartphone.
4. All the Options regarding using your smartphone remotely will be available on the screen.
5. There will be an option on the left hand side of the screen to unlock your screen remotely.
6. Connect with your USB Cable and KIES will allow you access to your files.

Method 2: Recover Data with the mother board on your phone

This Method is a bit Technical but it works 100% guaranteed, For this Method you need to have another Smartphone like yours but with working screen(e.g If you own S5, You Need to Borrow A friend’s S5)
Your data is saved on the motherboard, so you can just put it in another phone and back up from there.

Here are detailed steps:

All you need to do is to be careful while following the steps mentioned below as to not damage the working device!
1) Take out the tiny screws from the back of phones (~10 in each).
2) Remove the plastic cover that is shielding the motherboard.
3) Unclip the display cable from both phones.

If the two methods above isn't piratical for you I suggest you to replace the screen. Either have some one repair or you can repair it yourself. For Samsung s5 screen replacement you can check out hcqs.cc. For repair instructions you can search on YouTube.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad