I have Galaxy S5 Mini. The googlemaps has my position off on a side street, making turns when I am actually driving straight on a freeway. More often than not, my position does not advance as I drive, it pauses and comes back some time later after I miss my exit. The googlemaps on my Android was my first choice of car navigation (even before Garmin!) when it was working perfectly without skipping a beat. It was always spot on in terms of my location. There were no delays or lags with it until my phone did an automatic update. After the update, the googlemaps was never the same. I don't know if the update was a googlemaps update or a software update for my Android phone. Any idea how to get my googlemaps working again? Thanks.
    02-02-2016 09:15 PM
    You could try the GPS reset:

Open the Phone, as if you were going to make a phone call and dial -
    *#9090# -- Diagnostic Configuration (*#197328640# if that doesn't work)
    Menu, select Key Input, enter Q
    Menu, select Key Input, enter 0000
    wait for the next menu. (It takes a while.)
    UMTS->COMMON->NV REBUILD->NV REBUILD->SYSTEM->PROTOCOL->GPS->IMS
    or, if you don't have UMTS:
    UE SETTINGS & INFO->SETTING->SYSTEM->NV REBUILD->ALL

Restart the phone.

If not, you can go back to an earlier version of Maps and turn off autoupdate for Maps. 8.11 is here for download if you want it.
    02-02-2016 11:00 PM
    Thank you for your reply and help. As you suggested, I typed *#9090#. It took me to "ServiceMode" with the options grayed out below, which I could not click on.

DIAG CONFIG
    Not Support

As you suggested, I selected "Key Input" under "Menu", I first entered "Q", then did the same thing and entered "0000".

You said, "wait for the next menu. (It takes a while.)"

I waited more than an hour. Nothing is happening. There is no next menu. What do you exactly mean by "it takes a while"? 5 minutes, 10 minutes? 2 hours? 5 hours? 2 days?

I also tried *#197328640#. It took me to "ServiceMode" with the options below, and waited more than an hour. Again, nothing is happening. There is no next menu. Any suggestion?

DEBUG SCREEN
    [1] BASIC INFORMATION
    [2] NAS INFORMATION
    [3] AS INFORMATION
    [4] SIM INFORMATION
    [5] CDMA DEBUG INFORMATION
    flaxworxNZ likes this.
    02-04-2016 11:57 AM
    Hi there - did you ever get a reply to this? I have the very same issue - so getting stuck after the 0000.....
    07-10-2016 01:26 AM