Trying to unlock G800F (Android 4.4.2)

A

AC Question

Hi guys, I'm trying to network unlock my Samsung Galaxy S5 (G800F) running Android 4.4.2, and having a lot of trouble. I've done this before on the Galaxy Ace and a few other phones, but it seems impossible on the S5, and while I'm happy to pay a fee for someone else's hard work I refuse to pay highly inflated prices just to generate an unlock code.

I'm not an experienced user though I'm comfortable with this kind of work, and the phone is currently rooted. Can anyone offer any help with this issue?

deckie49

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I just went through this, and the bottom line is you may not be able to.
I spent about half hour with Samsung support about this. The G800F is a European model. If your phone is new like mine was, It can only be initially activated in Europe. The device itself may be "unlocked", but that only applies to being able to use different carriers...in Europe. Samsung did say it might be possible to activate the phone in the United States, but only after the phone has been initially activated and used in Europe. Really unfortunate. I think the S5 mini was the perfect phone. I sent it back for refund today.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae