Anyone found a way of disable the USB charging port cover pop up?

black

Nov 5, 2010
Visit site
Wanam also included it in his Xposed module. You can turn them both off, and remove the S Finder & Quick Connect from the Notifications Panel.

karasahin

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
"wait no more, here is the apk. place it in system /app , change permissions and delete the odex file. Reboot and no more popups"

Hi, I'm on the eve to buy the S5 but this problem makes me worried. It will be my first smartphone. To do what I quoted above (about installing the apk file), do I have to do the process of "root" thing? Is it mandatory? Never done that before. Please help. Thanks.

Joe Volpe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
my back cover ALWAYS shows!! (at startup) and never gave me an option. but more importantly recently I've been hearing audio ads, outta NOWHERE! I close everything even turn off screen and it still plays. I have an s5 active and have had it for over 2 yrs and this just recently started. I tried looking for help and it brought me here? idk but if anyone e knows how to stop it PLEASE HELP!!!

Richard WW

Mar 18, 2018
Visit site
To remove the waterproofing popup messages without rooting:

(assuming your S5 variant doesn't have the do-no-show tickboxes)

Install a custom recovery ( I use TWRP ). You will need to connect the S5 to a PC which has USB drivers installed and use Odin to install the TWRP recovery.

Once installed, power down and boot into TWRP (power, vol+, home)

In TWRP, mount /system with read-only unticked

cd into /system/app/PopupuiReceiver_M
Rename the file PopupuiReceiver_M.apk to some other extension, such as PopupuiReceiver_M.apk.disable

reboot (maybe twice)

You might get the green-and-gears screen on reboot.

You can remove TWRP when you've finished or leave it, or it might get overwritten anyway.

Another way is to trick the phone into thinking it's a VZW variant by editing build.prop, but that needs TWRP also

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair