Problems with rooted s5

cocaineskin

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
So long story short, my boyfriend thought it would be a good idea to root my phone after I had been having problems with it. Did so and I had the superusersu App on there and I had confirmed it was rooted. Fast forward a few days and this app is gone, root checker says my phone has not been properly rooted but my status says I have a custom ROM in place.
I tried booting my phone in Odin in download mode to no avail. My computer, nor Odin, is detecting it. It does when it's booted up normally, however. I wanted to drop the root altogether since my warranty is now void... Any suggestions? I'm extremely stressed out over this.

P.S. I've updated all of the drivers I've seen, I have Kies, version 3.07 of Odin (3.09 refuses to work), I've tried all of my USB ports, and I'm using my default USB cord I got on the 11th.

Thanks in advance.

Dewesh Pathak

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy note 2 was working all fine without a single issue till date from the date of purchase (14 months from the date of purchase) but today it hang all of a sudden. I have not installed any new apps today or yesterday as such, also i didn't do any thing unusual with the phone. When the phone hang, i removed the battery and restart the device. It restarts, works for hardly one minute before a message comes as "notification: toggle is active" and then phone is hung. Please let me know what should be done to make toggle inactive.

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
So long story short, my boyfriend thought it would be a good idea to root my phone after I had been having problems with it. Did so and I had the superusersu App on there and I had confirmed it was rooted. Fast forward a few days and this app is gone, root checker says my phone has not been properly rooted but my status says I have a custom ROM in place.
I tried booting my phone in Odin in download mode to no avail. My computer, nor Odin, is detecting it. It does when it's booted up normally, however. I wanted to drop the root altogether since my warranty is now void... Any suggestions? I'm extremely stressed out over this.

P.S. I've updated all of the drivers I've seen, I have Kies, version 3.07 of Odin (3.09 refuses to work), I've tried all of my USB ports, and I'm using my default USB cord I got on the 11th.

Thanks in advance.

Try different version of odin.
Turn on the USB debugging from settings.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app

mobilecrackers

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
My Samsung Galaxy note 2 was working all fine without a single issue till date from the date of purchase (14 months from the date of purchase) but today it hang all of a sudden. I have not installed any new apps today or yesterday as such, also i didn't do any thing unusual with the phone. When the phone hang, i removed the battery and restart the device. It restarts, works for hardly one minute before a message comes as "notification: toggle is active" and then phone is hung. Please let me know what should be done to make toggle inactive.

Reflash again with odin then go to recovery clear cache then data.
To backup your data use helium app from store

Sent from my GT-N7100 using AC Forums mobile app