To root the s5 or not, had jailbreak iPhone

Ruffnrider77

May 15, 2014
Visit site
I switched from a iPhone 5 that I had jailbroke on and off and now with the s5 I will never switch back, my only question is should I root this one or not. I like to mess with everything and did on my iPhone from simple things like swipe up and down for the apps to other things. I have been searching the fourms on if it's best or not. Any suggestions?

Posted via Android Central App

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
It is highly subjective if you should or not. I am in the "yes always" camp because I believe the owner/end-user should have full control over their devices. Plus it is the best malware protection you can have.

Masum56k

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm also confused whether root or not. Thanks you made the thread.

@zedorda
Can you tell us, Like- Cydia Tweaks; we can get many facilities if once we root our device.

Sent from my SM-G900H using AC Forums mobile app

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
If you're the type that wants to have full control over your phone (think of admin rights on Windows), then yes I'd say root.

Cons: It will void your warranty and you can not take OTA updates anymore.

Pros: Can install custom recovery to make a full backup, not just apps.
In the XDA forum, there will be an updated rom with the current OTA within a few days of any OTA coming out.
You can take advantage of the hundreds (thousands?) of root apps available
Using a program like Xposed Framework, there are plenty of apps to tweak your phone to your liking.

Make sure you read and understand how to root, also make sure you are following rooting instructions for your carriers phone.

Ruffnrider77

May 15, 2014
Visit site
Well I went ahead and did the root and it is not so much like a jailbreak as far as they do not have Cydia on it it's more for getting the phone to be able to run faster and delete factory installed apps, once I get that figured out I will be able to have it how I like

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Well I went ahead and did the root and it is not so much like a jailbreak as far as they do not have Cydia on it it's more for getting the phone to be able to run faster and delete factory installed apps, once I get that figured out I will be able to have it how I like

Good deal :) You'll also be able to download "Root Only" apps from the Playstore and be able to do a full backup.