if i root my phone?

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
As long as there is a ROM for it you should be able to run any OS you want. You may want to check for the ROM you want before digging in. I would look over at xda-developers.com for a ROM and directions or help rooting.

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
What are you needing to do that Kitkat doesn't allow? After you root, you can find a patch or fix for just about anything. Patches and fixes are easier to use than installing a whole rom. Many are available in the xposed framework app.

Posted via Android Central App

natefish

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Try a third party launcher. I believe Nova and Go launcher both allow you to hide certain apps.

In order to install a rom, you'll have to have a custom recovery and that isn't available for GS5... Yet. Plus I don't think you can go back to jelly bean once you are on Kitkat. It has to do with the bootloader being incompatible, I think.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

ol chap

Jun 28, 2014
Visit site
If you have root access an app called hide it pro can hide apps lock them and hide many other things it also can be displayed as a audio management app. Although as previously stated many launchers can hide apps apex is the one I'm using and it has it for free no need for root at all

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
szcad