Samsung s5 root ideas?

Tophatcallum

Jun 20, 2014
Visit site
Basically this is my first time rooting. Just rooted my s5 with towelroot and installed supersu, titanium back up and rom toolbox pro.

Basically I would love to have ideas, suggestions and your personal preferences on what root apps to download to really get the best out of my s5 and what settings and adjustments you made.

Especially with titanium back up and rom toolbox root. I have no idea what to do and instead of playing around with it, I'd love your recommendations on everything that will help me benefit from rooting.

Also what things should I delete that came with the s5 (bloatware). I'm assuming most of it is not needed but I'd really appreciate details and specific things to do from your own experience.

Thank you.

Additional information:
I am also running nova launcher. Plus I'm a heavy user of this phone so battery life is very important but I also love speed and perfect performance so I need the right balance between the two

Smoove_note

May 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you on this one lol... It's my first time rooting a Droid phone exchange came from iPhone world.. And jail breaking get it was pretty easy and all the tricks you can do was pretty cool... Hope the Droid world is like that... Hope theirs some links you veterans can provide us lol

posted from the GALAXY S5 BEAST!

scallawag

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Basically this is my first time rooting. Just rooted my s5 with towelroot and installed supersu, titanium back up and rom toolbox pro.

Basically I would love to have ideas, suggestions and your personal preferences on what root apps to download to really get the best out of my s5 and what settings and adjustments you made.

Especially with titanium back up and rom toolbox root. I have no idea what to do and instead of playing around with it, I'd love your recommendations on everything that will help me benefit from rooting.

Also what things should I delete that came with the s5 (bloatware). I'm assuming most of it is not needed but I'd really appreciate details and specific things to do from your own experience.

Thank you.

Additional information:
I am also running nova launcher. Plus I'm a heavy user of this phone so battery life is very important but I also love speed and perfect performance so I need the right balance between the two

Nova uses root access for a few things like to hide the clock.

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Easiest way to root is towelroot it's made by Geohot same person to unlock the iPhone for the first time I came from iPhone as well and jailbreaking and rooting aren't the same root just gives you access to the root user so you will be the admin and you can get rid of bloatware and install custom roms but in my opinion Cydia is way better lol but I still love Android hope this helped

Posted via Android Central App

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site

Thank you.

Additional information:

Xposed Framework will allow you to do tons of customizations. Also, in the Playstore, do a search for "root" and you'll find plenty of apps (and ideas). If you're not apposed to tripping your knox counter, you should also install a custom recovery so you can back the entire phone up.

Kel M

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Xdadevelopers forum, that will teach you guys anything about rooting and the best rooting apps.

Sent from my Galaxy S5

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer