Free Apps on S5

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerHaste

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Alright so I just got a galaxy S5 after having an iPhone my whole life and I have almost nothing purchased or downloaded. I have a lot of music and games on my old phone from Gift cards and such, but my s5 is feeling a bit empty. Is there any trustworthy site I can go to and download apk's or something? I've tried this before and everything looks sketchy.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
We discourage downloading apk files from filesharing sites. It's a good way to get malware, and many of those apks are pirated.

Adrian Aghaie

May 19, 2014
Visit site
As a phone game/app developer, it kind of hurts that you would like to pirate games.
Kind of low. Looks like I need to start implementing software that bricks people's phone when they download illegal files.
You're taking away money from developers, I hope you know that, when you download apk files or do file sharing. Music is another matter, the artist hardly gets any money from online downloads anyways which is a shame.

I've seen a few of my apps on file sharing services and when it takes me and two of my friends months to make an app, it kind of hurts us.
It's low...real low.

Posted via Android Central App

Adrian Aghaie

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Okay, my comment about musicians seems like a double standard, so let's omit that from my last post. It's shallow regardless.

Buy your content, don't steal it.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
As a phone game/app developer, it kind of hurts that you would like to pirate games.
Kind of low. Looks like I need to start implementing software that bricks people's phone when they download illegal files.
You're taking away money from developers, I hope you know that, when you download apk files or do file sharing. Music is another matter, the artist hardly gets any money from online downloads anyways which is a shame.

I've seen a few of my apps on file sharing services and when it takes me and two of my friends months to make an app, it kind of hurts us.
It's low...real low.

While I agree with the issue of piracy and the need to support developers, this comment "Looks like I need to start implementing software that bricks people's phone when they download illegal files" really bothers me. Do you have any apps in the Playstore, and if so, are they under your name? I want to make sure I steer clear of them. The fact you would even think about intentionally bricking someone's phone is about the most ridiculous statement from a "developer".

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Alright so I just got a galaxy S5 after having an iPhone my whole life and I have almost nothing purchased or downloaded. I have a lot of music and games on my old phone from Gift cards and such, but my s5 is feeling a bit empty. Is there any trustworthy site I can go to and download apk's or something? I've tried this before and everything looks sketchy.

Amazon offers a free app of the day. Here's the link to download the appstore from Amazon.

Adrian Aghaie

May 19, 2014
Visit site
While I agree with the issue of piracy and the need to support developers, this comment "Looks like I need to start implementing software that bricks people's phone when they download illegal files" really bothers me. Do you have any apps in the Playstore, and if so, are they under your name? I want to make sure I steer clear of them. The fact you would even think about intentionally bricking someone's phone is about the most ridiculous statement from a "developer".

If someone is intentionally downloading illegally, then yes, I would brick the phone.

There is actually a big wave of developers doing that.
Would I actually brick it? Probably not, but I'd make sure it makes their system go on the fritz or become nearly inoperable.
Most major game companies do that, and more non game applications are implementing the same thing.

Either it screws your system or it plays a crummy version of the game ( there is a pc game, which name doesn't come up right now, that puts up a smiley face when you illegally download it)

Oh and we're protected by law to do that to illegal downloads.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
If someone is intentionally downloading illegally, then yes, I would brick the phone.

There is actually a big wave of developers doing that.
Would I actually brick it? Probably not, but I'd make sure it makes their system go on the fritz or become nearly inoperable.
Most major game companies do that, and more non game applications are implementing the same thing.

Either it screws your system or it plays a crummy version of the game ( there is a pc game, which name doesn't come up right now, that puts up a smiley face when you illegally download it)

Oh and we're protected by law to do that to illegal downloads.

So someone pirates your .99 app and you'd brick a $600 phone? Since you're protected by law, could you provide a link to this law? I don't advocate piracy, but your logic just totally escapes me.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Pirating a 99 cent app means it could potentially be distributed to many other users, thus denying the developer many instances of a 99 cent payout (or whatever fraction of that he may see). So it may not just be a small amount.

Ramer84015

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Pirating a 99 cent app means it could potentially be distributed to many other users, thus denying the developer many instances of a 99 cent payout (or whatever fraction of that he may see). So it may not just be a small amount.

I agree, but still, "brick" someone's phone? With that logic, I wonder how my apps in the Playstore have backdoor coding that is potentially dangerous to a law abiding user?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000