Some questions from someone who wants to root

anon(8985712)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I've been thinking about rooting to get rid of touchwiz as well as try some different things and I have some questions.
1. If I install a custom ROM, can I still use stuff like the fingerprint scanner and S Health?
2. What are my chances of bricking my phone if I am experienced with PC, slightly experienced with using android, and completely new to rooting?
3. If I ever damage my phone in some way and I unroot, will they still fix my phone?
4. Is Samsung's only method to check if I voided my warranty via software is to use Knox?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been thinking about rooting to get rid of touchwiz as well as try some different things and I have some questions.
1. If I install a custom ROM, can I still use stuff like the fingerprint scanner and S Health?
2. What are my chances of bricking my phone if I am experienced with PC, slightly experienced with using android, and completely new to rooting?
3. If I ever damage my phone in some way and I unroot, will they still fix my phone?

1.Fingerprint scanner, I am not sure about. S Health will depend if you flash a TW ROM or AOSP. if you go with an AOSP, you can't use any of the Samsung Apps.
2. For the most part, if you find a good, detailed guide for rooting the device and followed everything, the chances are minimal. Possible, but minimal.
3. Depends on the damage. If you physically damage the phone, they will probably fix it. If there is a claim against the software, then probably not. However, it probably would be about as cost effective to file for an insurance claim as opposed to going through Samsung.

anon(8985712)

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm with Wind mobile. I have the SM-G900W8. I tried towelroot, but it didn't work, so I will probably have to wait until the developer makes a new version.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678