Want to root, want to use towelroot but...

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I need to root so I can disable this stupid home button wake lock. Think root is the only way to do it. I have a verizon Gs5 and I want to use towelroot but I took the last update. I assume I need to flash back but I don't know the correct previous version of where to find the file. Can someone please help!!!

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I need to root so I can disable this stupid home button wake lock. Think root is the only way to do it. I have a verizon Gs5 and I want to use towelroot but I took the last update. I assume I need to flash back but I don't know the correct previous version of where to find the file. Can someone please help!!!
Can you not disable that feature now? It should be somewhere in system settings > display or system settings > security (?). It's been a while since I've owned a Samsung device so I'm not really sure if it was allowed in the stock ROM or if I had to do it in a custom ROM.

Either way, I would suggest waiting for a root method so you don't worry about reverting to an unknown build and risk bricking or messing things up. There should be a root method for the latest builds soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Agentirish