Towelroot v3 questions

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I need to get root just so I can disable home wake feature. It's driving me crazy. I tried to gain temporary root using the mod string method on xda. It did not work. Says device not supported. Did I possibly do something wrong or is the galaxy 5not supported. It says it will temp root any phone. Any kind of help in any way would be appreciated.

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I need to get root just so I can disable home wake feature. It's driving me crazy. I tried to gain temporary root using the mod string method on xda. It did not work. Says device not supported. Did I possibly do something wrong or is the galaxy 5not supported. It says it will temp root any phone. Any kind of help in any way would be appreciated.

You have G900H?

Posted via the Android Central App

cdmjlt369

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
After June build date update towel root is not working anymore

True... But version 3 there's a way to temp root any phone but I can't get it to root mine. Maybe I'm misunderstanding and the app still only world for certain phones even trying to obtain temp root.

Panthersdzynes

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to root my Galaxy S5 Active for a few days. Finally found the way to do it. Towelroot will work, but not with that ROM. Follow these instructions and it should work for you without any problems...

Before doing the following, remove "Busybox", "Towelroot", "SuperSU" and "Xposed Installer" from your device. Download the apk files and install on your memory card. Then make a backup in Titanium Backup (or your preferred method/app).

1. Find and download the Official ROM made before June 26th for your device from SAM MOBILE. Once downloaded, unzip files.

2. Download Odin version 3.09

3. Download and install SAMSUNG USB drivers.

4. Put your phone in download mode (with phone being off, press and hold HOME button, VOLUME DOWN then POWER button) then connect to Odin.

5. In Odin, once your device is found, making sure only "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" is checked, click and load the MD5 file on the AP in Odin 3.09 or PDA on Odin 3.07 (second one down on right).

6. Click start on Odin AFTER the USB drivers have been fully installed and once Odin recognizes the device.

7. After the installation says "Finished", remove your phone from your computer.

*I did not have to set mine up as a new phone as I normally would after a new ROM install. Instead, it came right back on as if I didn't do anything.

8. After the phone comes back on, install in order:
A. Towelroot
B. SuperSU (reboot)
C. Xposed Installer (reboot)
1. Inside the "Framework" option, click "Install/Update" (reboot)
D. Safestrap 3.75, then inside Safestrap, click "install recovery" (reboot)
*At this time, upon reboot, you should see the Safestrap come up*
E. Wanam Xposed (reboot)
1. Back into the Xposed Installer, inside the "Modules" option, click all and then... yep, (reboot)

If you would like, you can install and run the Root Checker from the Playstore.

***I AM IN NO WAY HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE. I AM SIMPLY AN AVID USER THAT PAYS ATTENTION. AFTER SEARCHING HIGH AND LOW FOR 3 DAYS, I USED THIS ON MY AT&T VARIANT OF THE GALAXY S5 ACTIVE AND THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY I FOUND ROOT AND SAFESTRAP TO WORK.***

bbmjack

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to root my Galaxy S5 Active for a few days. Finally found the way to do it. Towelroot will work, but not with that ROM. Follow these instructions and it should work for you without any problems...

Before doing the following, remove "Busybox", "Towelroot", "SuperSU" and "Xposed Installer" from your device. Download the apk files and install on your memory card. Then make a backup in Titanium Backup (or your preferred method/app).

1. Find and download the Official ROM made before June 26th for your device from SAM MOBILE. Once downloaded, unzip files.

2. Download Odin version 3.09

3. Download and install SAMSUNG USB drivers.

4. Put your phone in download mode (with phone being off, press and hold HOME button, VOLUME DOWN then POWER button) then connect to Odin.

5. In Odin, once your device is found, making sure only "Auto Reboot" and "F.Reset Time" is checked, click and load the MD5 file on the AP in Odin 3.09 or PDA on Odin 3.07 (second one down on right).

6. Click start on Odin AFTER the USB drivers have been fully installed and once Odin recognizes the device.

7. After the installation says "Finished", remove your phone from your computer.

*I did not have to set mine up as a new phone as I normally would after a new ROM install. Instead, it came right back on as if I didn't do anything.

8. After the phone comes back on, install in order:
A. Towelroot
B. SuperSU (reboot)
C. Xposed Installer (reboot)
1. Inside the "Framework" option, click "Install/Update" (reboot)
D. Safestrap 3.75, then inside Safestrap, click "install recovery" (reboot)
*At this time, upon reboot, you should see the Safestrap come up*
E. Wanam Xposed (reboot)
1. Back into the Xposed Installer, inside the "Modules" option, click all and then... yep, (reboot)

If you would like, you can install and run the Root Checker from the Playstore.

***I AM IN NO WAY HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR PHONE. I AM SIMPLY AN AVID USER THAT PAYS ATTENTION. AFTER SEARCHING HIGH AND LOW FOR 3 DAYS, I USED THIS ON MY AT&T VARIANT OF THE GALAXY S5 ACTIVE AND THIS WAS THE ONLY WAY I FOUND ROOT AND SAFESTRAP TO WORK.***

LOL

freedumb512

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Search "How to Root the Verizon Galaxy S5 NE9 OTA update" on YouTube. I used that method 2 days and it worked like a charm.

Surfer Joe1

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
SM-G900V, downgraded nicely to Baseband v. ...NCG (ODIN v3.09 would not recognize the phone with old style mini-plug USB, had to use the original while 2-piece plug). OK, using Chrome, going to towelroot.com causes 50 or 60 tabs to automatically open, about 5 per second. Ditched that method. Fine, try firefox. No joy, FF displays the code rather than downloading the apk when clicking on the lamda. Tried rebooting, same thing.

Genette Collichio

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Just got a gift of a new amazon kindle fire hdx 7"
Tried installing towelroot and when i clicked on make it ra1n it said my android wasn't compatable.
Then I tried to hook it to the computer to root it and on this new hdx that they are putting out there isnt an "enable ADB" option under device options or security. (The older kindles simply said "device" and this one says "device options")
Seemingly cant find it anywhere on the kindle.
Does anyone have any advice on how to root this new version of amazons kindle fire hdx 7"? My daughter is dying to have it set and ready for her mindcraft and other video games.

LOL

westonhargett

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
I don't know how to root my s5 G900T and I would like help is there any safe way to root without a computer because mine broke please help me? If I don't root what apps will make my s5 like gpe

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad