Accidentally updated my rooted AT&T SM-G900A S5. What do I do?

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I accidentally uploaded the firmware on my rooted AT&T SM-G900A that just came out today. You can call me stupid, moron, or whatever I don't care. But I want to know if there is a way I can downgrade my firmware to stock version. If not, is there a way I can manually root the new firmware? I'm good with command line and I program stuff too so no tutorial will be too technical or complicated for me. So can anyone please help?

cookeemunstr

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
AppleCultApostate,

I too mistakenly updated my at&t galaxy s5 and removed towel root. Please please please tell me what to do to get it back. I am a novice and don't know much about rooting phones. I did towelroot it myself but I need to know what to do reinstall root. your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Cookeemunstr

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
I have some good news. There is now a new root for the new NG3 update you're on. (The latest one now available for the AT&T S5). Just follow the instructions in this link below. You will need a windows computer and all the files provided in this link to do this. (Note: On step 4 in this tutorial I recommend you use towelroot reboot and use towelroot again multiple times. Root Checker may say you don't have root when you really do. So test your root on other root apps such as cputemp or battery stats plus or disable service before moving to step 5). [How-To] Root G900AUCU2ANG3 | AT&T Samsung Galaxy S 5 | XDA Forums

Otherwise if you really really hate the NG3 update and want to go back to stock. Backup all your stuff to your cloud. Make sure you have a windows computer. Download the files from here https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B39HeQraxTHSSVhKUHpYemRrcGs/edit and do ONLY step 2, 3, and 4 in this link below. [GUIDE] Soft-bricked, looking to unroot, or just looking to downgrade, or start over? - Post #1 - XDA Forums

So choose your destiny and choose wisely. Cheers.

Last edited:

aj morar

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Please help

Hey guys i did the same thing i did the at&t software update it put 5.1.1 on my sm g900a bricking it well soft bricking it so every time we try to flash something from odin it keeps on failing we need to try to get to 4.4.2 or just get this phone working i need some help if anybody has any other options.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Re: Please help

Hey guys i did the same thing i did the at&t software update it put 5.1.1 on my sm g900a bricking it well soft bricking it so every time we try to flash something from odin it keeps on failing we need to try to get to 4.4.2 or just get this phone working i need some help if anybody has any other options.

Hello and welcome to Android Central aj morar!

I am afraid that downgrading to 4.4.2 or rooting has long been history for the AT&T model, G900A, on Android 5.0 and 5.1.1.. Have you tried wiping the cache partition or even doing a Full Wipe+Factory Data Reset, as per #1.3 and post #2 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

aj morar

Nov 15, 2015
Visit site
Re: Please help

Yep i have done all the wiping my friend is asking if there is a 5.1.1 firmware for the SM-G900A he said that would flash if we can find that but thanks for the info

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2