S5 SM-G906L (AKA The Beast mode S5)

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I did a quick search and from what I can see, towelroot doesn't work yet (emphasis on YET - I'm sure they're working hard on it!). However it seems CF Autoroot does work. First, the usual warning:

Rooting can break your phone permanently. As in it will be a paperweight, and useless for anything else. You will also void your warranty, as well as triggering Knox - which means even if you unroot, there may be indicators that will show you rooted. Unless you know exactly what rooting can do and is capable of I HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you do NOT root your phone. If you do something to your phone while attempting to root, that is now YOUR problem and no one else's. Please read a whole LOT before attempting to root your phone. I will not be held responsible in any way, shape or form if you choose to root your phone and something breaks or doesn't work properly. This is the end of the warning/disclaimer.

Let me show you what Google found for me:

Root Samsung Galaxy S5 And S5 Prime - TechnoWasp

Root Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (G906K, G906L & G906S)with CF-Auto-Root

맛클 - [갤5광][루팅툴] CF-Auto-Root for 갤럭시S5 광대역 LTE-A (Unofficial_hsk) -- (please note: this page is in Korean. You may have to translate the page)

cruz allen

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I've had luck rooting the base S5 but when it comes to flashing Roms and recoveries....not so much. The recoveries never seem to take. Even after removing Knox completely. Seems the boot loader is locked on LG U+ network. Thats likely my issue. I'd like to go full GPE mode on this device since I feel like that will give it its wings as touchwiz seems to hold it back a bit, and I mean only a little with this much horse power.

Posted via the Android Central App

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
If you're looking for ROMs and recoveries, have a look over at XDA Developers website. I haven't looked for a while but I seem to remember the S4 and S5 being a royal pain to work with. Hopefully you find the answers you need. Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Samira