I just bought the galax S5. Downloaded the face book app and the golf star app. Bothe apps keep sending me notifications. I can't stand seeing the little notification bubble above the application. I went into settings and turned off recieve notifications for both apps but they still keep popping up on both apps. How do I stop this?
    11-21-2014 10:40 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which settings did you go to--the System Settings, or the app's own settings menu? In Facebook, for example, tap the hamburger menu icon at the upper right (next to the globe icon), then App Settings, then deselect Notifications.

If you already did that, then try going to the App Manager, select Facebook, and uncheck "Show Notifications."

If that still doesn't work, it's possible that there's a separate Samsung Facebook interface that is active, that is meant to integrate directly with TouchWiz. HTC has something like this for Sense as well. Look in the App Manager for something like "Facebook for TouchWiz," and uncheck Show Notifications there.
    11-21-2014 11:18 AM
    Yeah I tried all those things and it's still doing it. These fphones are buggy kind of missing my IOS
    11-21-2014 07:26 PM
    Kind of late to hear this, but I tend to recommend devices that don't have such heavy skins, like Nexus devices (of course) and the Moto X. The more extra stuff is added by the manufacturer and/or the carrier, the more chance there is for things to go a little loopy.
    11-21-2014 10:05 PM
    It's more out of frustration. I like the android platform it's just this specific thing that's driving me crazy.
    11-22-2014 09:32 AM