I've rooted my s5 with CF Autoroot. However every time I try to download a custom Rom some A hole attaches that optimizer pro and or trovi virus. Can anyone suggest or provide me with a link to a good custom Rom that is a clean file? I'm new to this whole thing so any good advice will be appreciated.
    12-07-2014 07:29 AM
    XDA Developers. From my experience a couple years ago, the forums were pretty harsh and not overly helpful - but the information was good and I never got a bad or dirty ROM there (that's when I had my Gnex, I'd be there quite often. Now I don't go there unless I'm checking for information for someone else)
    12-07-2014 07:38 AM
    Thanks Bass, I appreciate the reply but XDA is where I got hit. Again I'm new to phone hacking, drones are my thing. I'm also much better with hardware than I am with software. Do you know if that polish version of lollipop will work on these American phones? I can't understand why Poland got it first considering I always thought a polish telephone was 2 cans with a string tied between them.

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-07-2014 07:54 AM
    I wouldn't try a polish version on my phone until a North American carrier drops an update - then watch XDA for custom ROMs. Speaking of which, Samsungs (from what I've read) pretty much have to be based off the stock ROM, unlike my old Galaxy Nexus where everything was based off pure AOSP (Android Open Source Project). It made for much cleaner ROMs.

As for XDA - don't just grab any ROM, do some reading and research. Find out who the reputable developers are and use those, and only from a trusted download site. If anything seems fishy, bail out. I was going to ROM by old S4 - hoping for a more "pure google" experience, but it's a lot more involved then it was on my (really old) Gnex, so I just left it.

Your best friend is time spent doing research. And coffee - because life is just better with coffee!
    12-07-2014 08:06 AM
    I've rooted my s5 with CF Autoroot. However every time I try to download a custom Rom some A hole attaches that optimizer pro and or trovi virus. Can anyone suggest or provide me with a link to a good custom Rom that is a clean file? I'm new to this whole thing so any good advice will be appreciated.
    Your saying that your getting optimizer pro installing on your computer, and not your phone, correct? I had the same problem ONCE. You have to be careful after you click a download link for the ROM you want. When the download window opens there is an advertisement that says something like "click here to download". That is, as I said an ad, or more to the point, a direct download link to software you don't want. Make sure your clicking on the link for the ROM download and you should be good. Most often there will be a countdown timer of 15 seconds and after that expires you will presented with a list of download mirror sites to choose from. Click the link closest to your geographic area and the download will start automatically. Hope that helps!

Posted via the Android Central App
    12-08-2014 07:05 PM