Question about flashing, figured this would be the forum to ask.

Eion

Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
So I have a stock Verizon Galaxy S5, never been rooted or anything. I want to flash the last update that came out in December because I took the new "5.0" update and it made it through the first part fine but the second download it fails.
Is this as simple as grabbing the December update from SamMobile, Installing Odin and then pushing the update to my phone?
Thanks!

Detectionable

Sep 22, 2013
Visit site
I believe it is that simple (Exchange phone model and firmware versions to your own)
--

Download firmware from the above list and extract the zip file, you should get .tar.md5 file along with few other files.
Download Odin v3.09 and extract the zip file, you should get Odin v3.09.exe file along with other files.
Now Open/Run Odin v3.09.exe file as an administrator (to open program with admin privilege, right click on the Odin v3.09.exe file and click on the “Run as administrator” from the context menu, this is applicable only on Windows Vista, Windows 7 or higher PC)
Switch off and boot Galaxy S5 G900F into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down+Home+Power buttons together (long press until the boot screen appear). A warning message will flash, now press Volume Up key to proceed to Download Mode.
Now connect your Galaxy S5 G900F to your PC via USB cable
In Odin screen, you should see a COM Port number like “0:[COM7]” at ID:COM section and “Added!” text at the message box. This means your device has been successfully detected by Odin. (If not, then try connecting through another USB port. If you are using desktop PC, use USB port located at the back of the CPU. If still don’t work, then you should reinstall the USB driver and try again)
Make sure that, only the “Auto Reboot” and “F. Reset Time”options are checked in Odin screen.
Now, click on the AP button and select the .tar.md5 file that you get by extracting the firmware zip file in step 1.
Now, click on the Start button to begin the installation process, and wait few moments.
Once completed, you would see “PASS!” message in ID:COM port having green background
Your phone should automatically reboot after completion
You can now disconnect/unplug your phone from computer

Congrats! your Galaxy S5 SM-G900F now updated to the G900FXXU1ANG2 Android 4.4.2 KitKat stock firmware. Now, go to Settings>>About, and verify the firmware update.
G900FXXU1ANG2: Android 4.4.2 XXU1ANG2 Firmware for Galaxy S5 SM-G900F [Installation Guide] ~ Android Officer | 24/7 Android Support Centre

-----------
I was going to start a thread asking a similar question, but I`ll just jump in here quickly:

I am running Lollipop, obviously KNOX enabled - will flashing stock 4.4.2 KitKat cause any issues with KNOX?

I read something about flashing firmwares that are not KNOX enabled, after having been running KNOX enabled firmwares, might prevent me from flashing KNOX enabled firmwares again

So basically in a nutshell, will flashing stock KK over stock lollipop, prevent me from flashing / updating to Lollipop again at some point ?