My Phone is Rooted?

CharlieL2

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
OK so I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy S5 Handset from an independent supplier. This came with Kitkat 4.4.2 installed. I tried and tried again to update it, and upon seeing some posts that say that if the android is a Rooted version then it wont receive these updates.

So downloaded Root Checker and low and behold my phone appeared as 'Successfully Rooted'. Perhaps the device was rooted by the supplier. As I understand it Rooting allows modifying and additional access to the device. Is this a good thing? Bad thing?

I'm really keen to update to Lollipop, so how would I go about this? Anyway to revert my phone to normal so it recieves updates? Should I?

Thanks, all help is appreciated in this confusing time for me

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Double check with another root checker to make sure its rooted.
If it is then check to see if you find a superuser app installed, it might let you remove root.
If you can do that then factory reset the phone after you remove root ,all should be good after that.

Others can chime in if I am wrong

CharlieL2

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I used another ROOT checker and that too confirmed it was rooted. I then installer 'Superuser' and unrooted it. checked root checker and found that root had gone. so I factory resetted it, cant find update, hard reset it, STILL can't find updates.

Very confused! Advise on how to proceed! :p

AndroidHabit

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
What carrier are you using?
Do you know for sure if "L" is available for your phone with that carrier?
Take a pictures of your phone and upload it.
You might have bought a knock off Sammy.

sancho187

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Use kies3 emergency firmware back up and will download all stock files and re flash it back to normal

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon