HELP need ways to get info if any out of my old sim card?

anon(9246304)

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
My first S5 got Destroyed (DON'T ASK)... any how the SD card is unreadable. had some of the stuff saved on my computer but still missing a bit. The sim card is in good shape is there anything I can get off of it? I got a partial of my contacts off of it all ready but is there any thing else I can retrieve? ie: saved text's, saved emails etc?:'(

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There are SIM card readers. (Walmart, in the camera battery area, carries a SanDisk reader that reads, among just about every kind of card made, SIM cards. It's about $17.) But if the card is unreadable, you may bot be able to read contacts or things like that, just files (including the one the contacts are in) with PhotoRec (don't let the fact that it's free and FOSS - there are companies that wouldn't think twice about paying $500 for one use of the program. If the file is on the card, hard drive - any storage device that the computer can see - PhotoRec will find it and recover it, even if the filesystem is destroyed. (Think lost accounts receivable - you either run PhotoRec or file for bankruptcy, so the app can end up being worth a fortune.)

You should be able to figure out what to do from the step by step guide. (I'd advise telling it to read the whole card, not just the empty areas, and to take it out of Paranoid mode.)

anon(9246304)

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
both GangsterBlock my screen is locked with a pattern I got "5 IN ONE OTG & MHL HDMI HDTV Adapter card reader FOR Samsung NOTE 3 S5 S4 S3" on ebay but my screen wont show on my TV screen to unblock it??