Hey everyone, I been looking around the forums here and other sites and have learned a lot of info in pieces but I really need help with a particular issue. A friend of mine gave me a Sprint Galaxy SM-G900P (Galaxy S5) which is (of course) CDMA with GSM compatibility. Im unsure at the moment what service he was wanting to use but I know it is a GSM carrier (US) because he has a SIM he wanted to use. I owe him a favor so I told him I would try. Besides going the route of purchasing a unlock box and unlocking the phone with that, I discovered the SSU apk which SIM-Unlocks the phone. I downgraded the phone from Lollipop 5.0 stock to Android 4.4.2 KitKat (G900PVPU1ANE5) with ODIN. (FYI, i was stuck in download mode with no recovery mode for a week before finally getting one to work, and so happen to be that version that went through)..... I downloaded SSU and it unlocked the phone and I switched mobile network mode from CDMA to GSM Units. (NOTE: it says 4.4.2 and up will not work with USA carrier SIM cards without downgrading the Modem but I have not tried just yet) Im about to Root the phone but here is where my question comes in. I have read of people flashing roms to get their phones to work with certain carriers and other functions. Will rooting help me out at all? I guess IM asking if there is a ROM that I can flash onto the phone to enable the use of whatever carrier he is wanting to use with it. I know thats most likely useful in the situation, but Im awaiting that answer as we type. ANY help would be greatly appreciated ))) Thank you all.
    Trinity Bltch likes this.
    05-07-2015 07:48 AM