Hi all. I'm new to rooting in general but spent several hours last night scouring the internet.

So far, I have...
    Downgraded from Android 5.0 to 4.4.2, successfully rooted w/ towelroot, installed SuperSu, Safestrap 3.75, Titanium backup and so on. I was stuck on bootloop after the firmware downgrade so I lost a lot due to Helium sucking. I finally figured out how to retrieve a lot of it, including contacts, sms, and so on. For all of you that recommend Helium, shame on you. It simply doesn't work, despite having backed up all my apps on both my SD card and PC. Neither work when using the server based PC recovery or SD card based recovery.

I went ahead and created a custom recovery in Safestrap, copied my titanium backup to my PC and am ready to venture into ROMs.

Questions:

I keep coming across the same conflicting information regarding the G900V:

- You can't install ROMS because the bootloader is locked
    - You CAN install ROMS via Safestrap boot recovery

I had rooted with the intentions of installing Cyanogenmod 12 but from what I've gathered, this is not possible. However, do I have other options for my G900V? I've read that you NEED a special DEV version of this phone in order to install any ROM.

Is this true? Or can I install a ROM such as Alliance using Safestrap 3.75?

If so, what is considered the most popular ROM for retail G900V?
    07-19-2015 10:19 AM
    Also, I keep getting the "Application not found" message when randomly using my cell phone. Is there a way to disable this message or diagnose how or why this message is appearing? I have disabled / uninstalled a lot of bloatware and can't figure it out. I am not actually missing any software that I "need".

Thanks.
    07-19-2015 10:58 AM
    Also, I keep getting the "Application not found" message when randomly using my cell phone. Is there a way to disable this message or diagnose how or why this message is appearing? I have disabled / uninstalled a lot of bloatware and can't figure it out. I am not actually missing any software that I "need".

Thanks.
    I figured it out. I disabled My Magazine so it's still trying to call it when I swipe to the left. Is there a way to disable this?
    07-19-2015 11:07 AM
    With the Verizon S5, you can only flash TouchWiz-based ROMs (so no CM12 for us). I'm not sure what the current best or most popular is.
    In regards to the My Magazine issue, did you just disable it with TB? You still need to turn it off in the homescreen settings.
    07-19-2015 02:13 PM
    Hi Aaron. Thank you for your response.

I saw that term mentioned before but wasn't sure what it meant - TouchWiz-based. So, in other words, only stock based roms are available?

I figured out the My Magazine shortly after posting. Thank you anyhow
    07-19-2015 03:33 PM
    I am using freedom rom 5.0 works best amazing batter timing

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    08-19-2015 02:58 PM
    You should go for it

08-19-2015 02:59 PM
    Without touchwiz

08-19-2015 03:01 PM