I have a Samsung S5 and I'm thinking of adding a ROM but I need it to look as close to Lollipop (or any recent Android) as much as possible,

I tried Cyanogenmod a few years back with my old HTC Desire but the interface was too different for my liking, settings were in different places etc. If I remember correctly the menu screen was like a carousel, I'm a creature of comfort and don't like needing to use my phone differently to how I normally do.

So are there any other ROMs (or versions of Cyanogenmod) that replicate how 'normal' Android looks, or at least are very similar in appearance? Looking like Lollipop would be good but any previous recent versions of Android would be helpful too.
    07-22-2015 11:14 PM
    I have a Samsung S5 and I'm thinking of adding a ROM but I need it to look as close to Lollipop (or any recent Android) as much as possible,

I tried Cyanogenmod a few years back with my old HTC Desire but the interface was too different for my liking, settings were in different places etc. If I remember correctly the menu screen was like a carousel, I'm a creature of comfort and don't like needing to use my phone differently to how I normally do.

So are there any other ROMs (or versions of Cyanogenmod) that replicate how 'normal' Android looks, or at least are very similar in appearance? Looking like Lollipop would be good but any previous recent versions of Android would be helpful too.
    Since custom ROMs are model specific, it may be useful to know which model you have, as per #1.2 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide
    07-23-2015 04:47 AM
    It's SMG900F
    07-23-2015 09:17 PM
    It's SMG900F
    Without a doubt, CyanogenMod's AOSP ROMs are the closest in look an operation to the native Android firmware. It depends on your needs and perception as there are a number of custom ROMs for the G900F that might fit your bill. Start by having a look at...

Galaxy S 5 Android Development - XDA Forums
    07-24-2015 04:10 AM
    Thanks for that.
    07-31-2015 11:59 PM