S5 900v on Lollipop, lost root. How can I re-root my S5?

A

AC Question

S5 900v on lollipop, lost root

I had root and had issues so I ended up putting the stock ROM back. Does anyone have any procedures to re-root my lollipop phone? If I have to go back to 4.4 then 5.0 that is fine but I want to make sure it gets rooted at lollipop.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: S5 900v on lollipop, lost root

You root the ROM, not the phone, so when you replaced the rooted ROM with the stock unrooted one, you didn't have a rooted ROM any more.

Go to Verizon Samsung Galaxy S 5 - XDA Forums and see how to root 5.0 on the Verizon S5. (If it's like the Note 3, you install a rooted 5.0 instead of the stock one. But look in the Development forum - at first glance I don't see any stock rooted deodexed [if you want to run Xposed] ROMs, but there are plenty of rooted deodexed ROMs based on stock to choose from. Either try them all or read the threads and try the ones that look like what you want.)

skister77

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
This really sucks and someone suggested this version XDA. I did it via Odin not an OTA. Would that matter? Do I have any ray of hope? LOL

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
This really sucks and someone suggested this version XDA. I did it via Odin not an OTA. Would that matter? Do I have any ray of hope? LOL

Odin or OTA... the mega locked down bootloader is the same. No hope I'm afraid. Verizon has now closed off the only root exploit that was left for their G900V model. They have also begun rolling this mega locked down bootloader out to other makes and models of phone that they offer.

Make no mistake... this is not an Android thing or Samsung, who do not lock their stock firmware bootloaders by default.

skister77

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the clarification. Damn you Verizon! I wish I could switch but they are the only carrier that I get a partial signal where I live.

Pope Lewis I

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
sounds like you shoul gt a oneplus one or oneplus two if you're lucky. /i/'m in the same position, my contract is up but I'm waiting for the Note 5 release to get a new phone and it should be VERY soon, and I'm switching back to ATT. I never had a problem with them, I just thought I'd try verizon. ATT seems to have the fastest Data speeds. But I am probably buying a Xiaomi or OnePlus One as a backup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair