So I followed a tutorial that showed how to flash it to make it able to do the boot animation and I did everything he did but when I restart it just skips over the boot animation completely here are some screenshots. I have tried putting them in the data/local as well but I still have the same results, I have also tried multiple different animations and still don't work. I tried on my old Ace 2X before I got this one and it didn't work on there either, I'd like to figure out what the problem is.
    Attached Thumbnails Samsung s5 changing boot animation problems-screenshot_2015-08-21-07-49-07.jpg   Samsung s5 changing boot animation problems-screenshot_2015-08-21-07-49-17.jpg  
    08-21-2015 08:58 AM
    So I followed a tutorial that showed how to flash it to make it able to do the boot animation and I did everything he did but when I restart it just skips over the boot animation completely here are some screenshots. I have tried putting them in the data/local as well but I still have the same results, I have also tried multiple different animations and still don't work. I tried on my old Ace 2X before I got this one and it didn't work on there either, I'd like to figure out what the problem is.
    Hello and welcome to Android Central SovietRob!

Have you got a link to the original installation instructions for that bootanimation as I would have thought that as a .zip file, that it would need to be flashed in recovery mode!
    08-21-2015 12:12 PM
    Try installing the new boot animation using this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oot.animations

When manually installing a boot animation doesn't work for me, I use this to install the animation and it works perfectly fine.
    08-21-2015 05:40 PM
    Doesn't work
    08-22-2015 07:37 PM
    Doesn't work
    Hello and welcome to Android Central SovietRob!

Have you got a link to the original installation instructions for that bootanimation as I would have thought that as a .zip file, that it would need to be flashed in recovery mode!
    Yea you flash it while in recovery mode.
    08-22-2015 07:41 PM
    Doesn't work

Yea you flash it while in recovery mode.
    Therefore, shouldn't the .zip file be on somewhere like the root of sdcard or extsdcard and not in, "system/media". The extracted and flashed file, in recovery mode, should be in, "system/media".

Can you post a link to the original installation instructions?
    08-23-2015 02:41 AM
    I'm not allowed to post links but that is the animation, the flash zip is to be placed on the sdcard or extsdcard and you flash it and install it as a zip, which I did and then your supposed to place it in the system/media and give it a write perm of 644
    08-23-2015 11:27 AM