Pop-up warnings to close the covers properly get annoying

karasahin

Sep 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to buy (probably, if I find a way to get rid of this problem properly) the S5 S900F tomorrow but the phone's pop-up warnings worry me already. It is going to be my first smartphone ever.

I did a lot of research and crossed this problem. The editor who reviewed Samsung Galaxy S5 in Notebookcheck website has wrote that down. I also saw a lot of people having this problem. On certain models you can't even force them to not appear like AT&T models. I live in Europe and I don't know what S5 model I'm gonna get but I feel I must find a way to solve this problem in case I've got the one with pop-up warnings. It seems like a very annoying problem.

Some had advised installing an apk file which disables the notifications of close the covers properly but I don't know what apk file is and I hope it doesn't require root process. Never done that and not a single clue about root thing. It also causes to lose my warranty and I don't want to lose it.

So... Have you guys found a way to disable those pop-up warnings? I would appreciate for your helps. Thank you.

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I'm going to buy (probably, if I find a way to get rid of this problem properly) the S5 S900F tomorrow but the phone's pop-up warnings worry me already. It is going to be my first smartphone ever.

I did a lot of research and crossed this problem. The editor who reviewed Samsung Galaxy S5 in Notebookcheck website has wrote that down. I also saw a lot of people having this problem. On certain models you can't even force them to not appear like AT&T models. I live in Europe and I don't know what S5 model I'm gonna get but I feel I must find a way to solve this problem in case I've got the one with pop-up warnings. It seems like a very annoying problem.

Some had advised installing an apk file which disables the notifications of close the covers properly but I don't know what apk file is and I hope it doesn't require root process. Never done that and not a single clue about root thing. It also causes to lose my warranty and I don't want to lose it.

So... Have you guys found a way to disable those pop-up warnings? I would appreciate for your helps. Thank you.

Just a couple of things... maybe more.

That review in Notebookcheck is now, very out-of-date and based on the old KitKat firmware. You mention AT&T firmware which is heavily modified by the carrier and not issued by Samsung. See #1.6 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

I have an unbranded G900F international model on the latest OH4 firmware and the only 2 pop-ups that may irritate some people , are the, "Close the charging port cover", to ensure water resistance and the loud volume warning on bluetooth.

As you are posting in the rooted section, both of these, and any others, can be eliminated on a rooted device.

scifoso

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I think there's an app or serve called something like page buddy service. I'm not 100% sure, but I seem to recall that disabling it stopped the close cover notification.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995