Softbricked S5 g900a woes -_-

Izlude

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Got a Galaxy S5 - G900A USA ATT as provider. A root attempt had failed and it's now in softbrick. This is frustrating because none of the tutorials for Odin seems to be working. I'm not sure which version of Android was on previously, this is my nephew's phone. I can probably assume it was lollipop. Now the tutorials are about 1-2 years old, I'm not sure if things have changed and they no longer apply anymore... I'm hoping someone can direct me to a "recent" procedure on how to fix a softbrick S5 G900A. Well, the tutorials that keep appearing on google suggested the following files:

BL_G900AUCU1ANCE_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
AP_G900AUCU1ANCE_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CP_G900AUCU1ANCE_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CSC_ATT_G900AATT1ANCE_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar

Tried different combinations. Tutorials suggested using AP alone, or, AP with CP and CSC, or as a last resort, use the PIT file and AP. (the pit file was downloaded separately and is the appropriate version for my model).

Every single time, I get a fail. The phone does connect as it appears in the COM port. It shows as added. Tried first with the driver included in Kies, later uninstalled it and just used the samsung driver without Kies. Tried different ports and cables, same end result.. FAILED.

I was on Windows 8 before, upgraded to 10 recently, still no change... I'm wondering, is the OS affecting anything? I was considering installing Win7 on a separate drive, or even XP on another box I have laying around. I will have to reach those later. I can't seem to get past the FAIL on this. Battery is 100% charged (another phone charged the battery for me).

What do you make of this? I pretty much threw the kitchen sink at this thing. All other cases are reporting success except for me :/ Stores couldn't even get it working. It's not hard bricked because I can get into kies mode and download mode... just that it won't flash.

Perhaps I can't use those stock roms on this phone? (I think they're kitkat). Does that mean there's a lollipop stock rom that might fix this?

PS - I've gone through all the threads on here, but since there's no relief, I decided to join the forum today (long time lurker) and post about this. The fail message is pretty general too:

<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

(it's not exact, but this is how I recall it). the phone is back with my nephew and his dad, so I'm going back and forth with them via email. I thought maybe I could get it going for him, but had the same issue as the shops they went to. Thanks, I know this is "repetitive" but I think this case is more "recent" so maybe the solutions offered are either not up to date or not applicable for this phone. I dunno -_- waaaaaaaa

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
[
Got a Galaxy S5 - G900A USA ATT as provider. A root attempt had failed and it's now in softbrick. This is frustrating because none of the tutorials for Odin seems to be working. I'm not sure which version of Android was on previously, this is my nephew's phone. I can probably assume it was lollipop. Now the tutorials are about 1-2 years old, I'm not sure if things have changed and they no longer apply anymore... I'm hoping someone can direct me to a "recent" procedure on how to fix a softbrick S5 G900A. Well, the tutorials that keep appearing on google suggested the following files:

BL_G900AUCU1ANCE_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
AP_G900AUCU1ANCE_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CP_G900AUCU1ANCE_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar
CSC_ATT_G900AATT1ANCE_964333_REV00_user_low_ship_MULTI_CERT.tar

Tried different combinations. Tutorials suggested using AP alone, or, AP with CP and CSC, or as a last resort, use the PIT file and AP. (the pit file was downloaded separately and is the appropriate version for my model).

Every single time, I get a fail. The phone does connect as it appears in the COM port. It shows as added. Tried first with the driver included in Kies, later uninstalled it and just used the samsung driver without Kies. Tried different ports and cables, same end result.. FAILED.

I was on Windows 8 before, upgraded to 10 recently, still no change... I'm wondering, is the OS affecting anything? I was considering installing Win7 on a separate drive, or even XP on another box I have laying around. I will have to reach those later. I can't seem to get past the FAIL on this. Battery is 100% charged (another phone charged the battery for me).

What do you make of this? I pretty much threw the kitchen sink at this thing. All other cases are reporting success except for me :/ Stores couldn't even get it working. It's not hard bricked because I can get into kies mode and download mode... just that it won't flash.

Perhaps I can't use those stock roms on this phone? (I think they're kitkat). Does that mean there's a lollipop stock rom that might fix this?

PS - I've gone through all the threads on here, but since there's no relief, I decided to join the forum today (long time lurker) and post about this. The fail message is pretty general too:

<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> boot.img
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> system.img
<ID:0/004> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

(it's not exact, but this is how I recall it). the phone is back with my nephew and his dad, so I'm going back and forth with them via email. I thought maybe I could get it going for him, but had the same issue as the shops they went to. Thanks, I know this is "repetitive" but I think this case is more "recent" so maybe the solutions offered are either not up to date or not applicable for this phone. I dunno -_- waaaaaaaa

Hello and welcome to Android Central Izlude

I am afraid there is no easy way to say this... you're screwed!

If the phone was on the either of the 2 latest AT&T Lollipop firmwares, it has been made unrootable by AT&T with the introduction of their new, mega locked down, bootloader which prevents downgrading to root. Hence the messages you are getting from Odin.

If the phone does not now boot normally, I would, to other non AT&T users, suggest downloading and flashing the latest Lollipop firmware to get you out of trouble. However, the latest AT&T firmwares, Android 4.4.4 and Android 5.0, are not available from the Samsung sites. Your only hope is to try and find the latest AT&T Lollipop release to flash to your phone. Failing that, it is a trip to AT&T and see if they can flash the phone for you.

See, also, #1.6 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide

Izlude

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
OMG Can they do that??? :O Do they care that the owner screwed it up? Or should they play dumb and say it just started doing that one day? lol.. Well the stores we went to before were just outlets (we fix your phone) type places... so if Best Buy has the authority to do official flashes, that'd be sweet. Worth a go then. How much do you think it costs?

steve Sharra

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
It has to have the Samsung experience center in best buy, just say my phone is acting up can they download the latest firmware to see if it fixes the problem and there is no charge

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX