Can´t root because every custom recovery is just booting into a black screen.

jaco6777

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone help me.

I have a samsung galaxy s5 sm-g900f that i´ve been trying root. I have tried using cf auto root, when it tries to boot up the custom recovery, im just getting the black screen. I then tried to install twrp recovery, samething happends, just a black screen after the bootlogo. i´ve tried philz touch, same thing. I don´t really know what to do, id be happy if anyone could help. :)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Can anyone help me.

I have a samsung galaxy s5 sm-g900f that i´ve been trying root. I have tried using cf auto root, when it tries to boot up the custom recovery, im just getting the black screen. I then tried to install twrp recovery, samething happends, just a black screen after the bootlogo. i´ve tried philz touch, same thing. I don´t really know what to do, id be happy if anyone could help. :)

Hello and welcome to Android Central jaco6777!

To root the international G900F model, you will first need to download the CF-Auto-Root kernel from post #3 of, [SM-G900*] CF-Auto-Root and flash it via Odin by carefully and thoroughly reading the instructions in post #2 of the link.

Once you are successfully rooted, (use Root Checker from the Play Store to confirm), you can then download the TWRP custom recovery, twrp-2.8.7.0-klte.img.tar and flash this via Odin by following the instructions, here, under, "Odin Install Method (No Root Required):".

TOP TIP: Before embarking on any flashing, make a note of your existing, exact, firmware, "Version", details as per #1.8 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. This your, "Get out of jail", card in case you do something wrong and need to revert back to the stock firmware which you can download and flash via Odin as per #1.11 of the previous Dummies Guide.

jaco6777

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I have already tried using the cf-auto root. But that's the same, when it tries to boot it's trying to go into the custom recovery that's in the cf-auto. But after the bootlogo with the recovery mode text, it's just goes into a black screen. When I take out the battery and tries to boot it, it does the same. The only thing I can do is to go into download mode and flash the stock firmware onto it. :)

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have already tried using the cf-auto root. But that's the same, when it tries to boot it's trying to go into the custom recovery that's in the cf-auto. But after the bootlogo with the recovery mode text, it's just goes into a black screen. When I take out the battery and tries to boot it, it does the same. The only thing I can do is to go into download mode and flash the stock firmware onto it. :)

Ensure that you are using the CF-Auto-Root that I linked you to and no other. If the phone does not boot after flashing it, then remove and replace the battery and try rebooting once again. Failing that, you can try wiping the cache partition as per #1.3 of the Dummies Guide I linked you to.

jaco6777

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem again. When it's done rooting it tries to boot itself into recovery mode,but it seems like the recovery mode is not being installed properly, because it's just ending up in a black screen. If I take out the battery and put it back in, it just goes into recovery mode again and end up in the black screen. The only thing I can really do is to flash it back to the stock firmware. I hope that gave you some clues. :)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem again. When it's done rooting it tries to boot itself into recovery mode,but it seems like the recovery mode is not being installed properly, because it's just ending up in a black screen. If I take out the battery and put it back in, it just goes into recovery mode again and end up in the black screen. The only thing I can really do is to flash it back to the stock firmware. I hope that gave you some clues. :)

Providing that you have checked that you are correctly rooted before flashing TWRP custom recovery via Odin, then there is no reason you should not be booting normally. Perhaps the best idea is, as you suggest, flashing the stock Samsung firmware for your model of phone, CSC and Product code and re-rooting and flash TWRP, from scratch.

jaco6777

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't even get to booting the device after I've run the cf-auto. It just goes black. I cannot get into the device at all. I have tried this multiple times without it working. Towel root don't work either, that one thinks my device is not compatible.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I don't even get to booting the device after I've run the cf-auto. It just goes black. I cannot get into the device at all. I have tried this multiple times without it working. Towel root don't work either, that one thinks my device is not compatible.

Providing that you have previously not messed with the bootloader or .PIT files, then returning to stock and re-rooting is your best bet.

jaco6777

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
I have fixed it now. When I was stuck on the black screen, I took out the battery and went into download mode. I then installed the custom recovery, then it actually wanted to boot normal. I then downloaded supersu from play store. Now I am fully rooted. Thank you 😃

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have fixed it now. When I was stuck on the black screen, I took out the battery and went into download mode. I then installed the custom recovery, then it actually wanted to boot normal. I then downloaded supersu from play store. Now I am fully rooted. Thank you ??????

Well done jaco6777! :)

thocenski

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
hi

i a new on forum i have galaxsy s5 900f.. with croatian t mobile Date Country/Carrier Version PDA CSC Kies
2015-09-01 Croatia (T-Mobile) 5.0 G900FXXU1POH7 G900FCRO1POEA

do you have cf auroot for this or can help me how i can root? i tryed cf autoot for europe models but after root i stock on black screen with somered letters in left side...how i can root ?

can i put malezyia stock rom?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
hi

i a new on forum i have galaxsy s5 900f.. with croatian t mobile Date Country/Carrier Version PDA CSC Kies
2015-09-01 Croatia (T-Mobile) 5.0 G900FXXU1POH7 G900FCRO1POEA

do you have cf auroot for this or can help me how i can root? i tryed cf autoot for europe models but after root i stock on black screen with somered letters in left side...how i can root ?

can i put malezyia stock rom?

Hello and welcome to Android Central thocenski!

You can root the international, worldwide, Galaxy S5, G900F, using a simple flash of the correct CF-Auto-Root kernel and by carefully reading and following the instructions in post #1, #2 and #3 of [SM-G900*] CF-Auto-Root

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Can you tell me wich cf autoroot is for my phone ? I writemy currently build nmber... Is this cfauroot correct from your link?

I linked directly to the correct kernel in my previous post.

i try jaco66+s method and i noemaly bootedbut isnot rooted. Super Su reports su binary cant update or something like this...

Never heard of jaco66+ method of rooting. Can you post a link to it?

thocenski

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I think that i try same what is user jaco do.i rooted with cf autoroot,and stuck black screen and then i flash twrp and i nirmaly boot but i no root.can you please make link for cf autoroot? I try this form xda post 3 butvdont help me

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I think that i try same what is user jaco do.i rooted with cf autoroot,and stuck black screen and then i flash twrp and i nirmaly boot but i no root.can you please make link for cf autoroot? I try this form xda post 3 butvdont help me

Perhaps jaco is using an old CF-Auto-Root kernel. My link is to the latest one for Lollipop. Post a link to his instructions and I will check them out.

EDIT: You are referring to my instructions to the poster in post #1. These are correct for the G900F model of phone on Android 5.0. DO NOT try and flash either the bootloader or a .PIT file... ever! If you have problems rebooting after the flash, then wipe the cache partition in Recovery mode as per #1.3 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide

This is a link to the correct version of TWRP custom recovery that you need to download and flash via Odin after you are rooted... twrp-2.8.7.0-klte.img.tar

Last edited:

jaco6777

Oct 18, 2015
Visit site
Hello. I did use the exact cf-auto root that you sent me. About with the supersu binaries. I also got the error that binaries couldn't get installed. It was because I had installed it with the custom recovery. I Uninstalled it via the recovery and then downloaded the play store version. Then it worked perfectly for me :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2