how to delete all partitions on galaxy s5

Matty7500

Nov 5, 2015
Visit site
i need to delete the partitions on galaxy s5 so i can take all root of my device since when i did it before just keeps saying not enough storage and just crashes takes ages to reboot and its really slow and laggy

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
i need to delete the partitions on galaxy s5 so i can take all root of my device since when i did it before just keeps saying not enough storage and just crashes takes ages to reboot and its really slow and laggy

Hello and welcome to Android Central Matty7500!

If you, "delete", the partitions of an Android phone you will brick the device as these partitions are necessary for the operation of the phone. See, Android Partitions Explained: boot, system, recovery, data, cache & misc. Partitions are model and firmware specific.

Messing with any of them, unless you are a very competent and advanced user or developer, can cause big problems and issues. If your phone is slow and laggy it will not be because of the system partitions. My advice... leave them well alone!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
i cant install any firmware at all on this device i want to get it back to normal without odin on it is it possible?

Odin is PC software!

You will need to download the stock Samsung firmware for your exact model of phone, CSC code and Product code and flash it via the PC software, Odin, by following the instructions and video in the links of #1.11 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. DO NOT attempt to alter your .PIT files or Repartition when using Odin.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
just want to got this phone back to normal lol iv try everything i know online hmmm

Unless you have already played around and messed with the .PIT files or Repartition, then flashing stock firmware will get you up and running.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!" ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34