S5 Sport com.android.phone stopped - Can't receive calls

A

AC Question

I bought the phone from a friend who used to have sprint. I attempted to unlock the phone for use with my Simple Mobile SIM. I used CF-Root / Odin which rooted the phone and put 5.0 lollipop on the phone. I'm not sure what was on the phone before and I didn't do a backup.

As a result, updates fail (the OS has been modified in an unauthorized way).
Incoming calls fail (com.android.phone stopped)

Everything else on the phone works fine. I can make calls, send & receive texts.
I've tried clearing caches, & factory reset. I used SuperSU to unroot the phone, but it made no difference.

When I try to use Odin to flash NG2 or NG3 onto the phone, they both fail with an auth failure error. KNOX is disabled.

I assume I need to put the original ROM back on the phone but I'm not finding it online anywhere. Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone help?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I bought the phone from a friend who used to have sprint. I attempted to unlock the phone for use with my Simple Mobile SIM. I used CF-Root / Odin which rooted the phone and put 5.0 lollipop on the phone. I'm not sure what was on the phone before and I didn't do a backup.

As a result, updates fail (the OS has been modified in an unauthorized way).
Incoming calls fail (com.android.phone stopped)

Everything else on the phone works fine. I can make calls, send & receive texts.
I've tried clearing caches, & factory reset. I used SuperSU to unroot the phone, but it made no difference.

When I try to use Odin to flash NG2 or NG3 onto the phone, they both fail with an auth failure error. KNOX is disabled.

I assume I need to put the original ROM back on the phone but I'm not finding it online anywhere. Has anyone had this issue? Can anyone help?

The Galaxy S5 Sport model for Sprint, SM-G860P, is a CDMA phone and is not completely compatible with the Simple Mobile network which is on T-Mobile, a GSM network, See, Will My Phone Work? Whilst, with the correct APN settings, it should work on 2G, there is some doubt about 3G and 4G/LTE is not supported at all.

You will need to download the latest stock firmware for the G860P on Sprint, as linked below, and flash it by following the instructions and video contained in the links of #1.11 of 41 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide Flashing the stock firmware which includes a stock kernel, will un-root your phone.

Model SM-G860P
Model name GALAXY S5 Sport (Sprint)
Country Spint (cdma)
Version Android 5.0
Changelist 4445742
Build date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 10:15:22 +0000
Product code SPR
PDA G860PVPU2BOK1
CSC G860PSPT2BOK1

Last edited:

jarreau2001

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site
I ended up installing ad running KIES.
It found the latest firmware update to what I was running, downloaded and installed it onto the phone. When I rebooted, my issues were gone!
I get 3G service.

Thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I ended up installing ad running KIES.
It found the latest firmware update to what I was running, downloaded and installed it onto the phone. When I rebooted, my issues were gone!
I get 3G service.

Thanks

Glad you have it sorted!

Merry Christmas!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci