Root help (with a twist) for sprint sm-g900p galaxy s5

Bearbalue31

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi im sure its been asked several times, but i havent found it yet anywhere. So many downloads and failed pdfs pages etc. I just erased 2.7gbs of extra files and downloaded stuff. Im trying to root my galaxy s5 sm-g900p, i have no computer and no access to one its 100% out of the question. Stock recovery the phone was shipped to me with android 5.0.. ive tried framaroot, iroot, kingroot, kingoroot, 360root, Z4root, towelroot (plus 127 modstring variations) couple others i cant think of. So where i believe im stuck, i need something to install zip files or flash them. Without a pc and without root ive spent a week straight reading till my eyes bleed. Terminal emulator? Or download a custom recovery without root or pc then flash through them? I have the zipfiles needed and all that.. just cant figure out next part. Either root without pc.
Custom recovery without pc and root
Or downgrade to 4.4.2 once downgraded i can run kingroot with ease.
Galaxy s5 sm-g900p sprint kernel build date is nov 2015? Thanks in advance ill be able to respond quickly if more info is needed.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi im sure its been asked several times, but i havent found it yet anywhere. So many downloads and failed pdfs pages etc. I just erased 2.7gbs of extra files and downloaded stuff. Im trying to root my galaxy s5 sm-g900p, i have no computer and no access to one its 100% out of the question. Stock recovery the phone was shipped to me with android 5.0.. ive tried framaroot, iroot, kingroot, kingoroot, 360root, Z4root, towelroot (plus 127 modstring variations) couple others i cant think of. So where i believe im stuck, i need something to install zip files or flash them. Without a pc and without root ive spent a week straight reading till my eyes bleed. Terminal emulator? Or download a custom recovery without root or pc then flash through them? I have the zipfiles needed and all that.. just cant figure out next part. Either root without pc.
Custom recovery without pc and root
Or downgrade to 4.4.2 once downgraded i can run kingroot with ease.
Galaxy s5 sm-g900p sprint kernel build date is nov 2015? Thanks in advance ill be able to respond quickly if more info is needed.

O.K. Bearbalue31, let me preface this post by saying that I have not tried this method myself on a Sprint G900P as I would always recommend using a PC and Odin3 to flash CF-Auto-Root kernel and TWRP custom recovery. The danger for you is that if anything goes wrong, you will not be able to restore your phone by flashing the stock Samsung firmware via Odin3 and your phone will be useless. Proceed at your own risk!

1. Make sure that you have, "Developer options", enabled and check, USB debugging".

2. Now you can attempt to install a custom recovery, I recommend TWRP, to your unrooted phone. This should then allow you to flash rooted ROMs...

How To Flash Custom Recovery Without PC

3. Once you have the TWRP custom recovery installed you can flash .zip files and you should be able to flash a custom ROM such as CM12.1, for instance, of your choice that includes a rooted kernel, by placing the .zip file on your SD card and flashing it in Recovery Mode.

Please treat the above as theoretical and merely a way to guide you in a direction that may achieve your goal. I take no responsibility for any damage or loss that you may incur. The decision to proceed is entirely yours. Please read all links, carefully and thoroughly, before proceeding.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure!"

Sorry Bearbalue31! I just checked the link and the Rashr tool requires root beforehand. I do not know what else to suggest. Maybe, have a look at CyanogenMod ROMs, free from the Play Store.

Last edited:

Bearbalue31

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok, thanks a bunch ill try it shortly. I just feel im missing a small peice to the puzzle. Just not sure where to get it and google these days is just full of more bullsh*t then bush clinton and obama put together. Im aware of most steps to rooting etc tho my vocabulary towards it may not be spot on. I did alot of beta testing for twrp in 2012 with galaxy tabs up to 4. But for some reason just cant do very much with this s5, basically where im stuck is either flashing and .img file and or .zip files without root. In order to use most of those roots needed and to get root i need a custom recovery so its a game of cat and mouse. With my tab 4 i was able to completely un "soft brick" using just twrp rebuilding partitions etc. Possibly j just need to understand more in depth about what im doing and not just learn by crossing my fingers and clinching.

Bearbalue31

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Dang just noticed that. ): well i just need to find a way to be able to flash and or install without root or pc. As i said its a catch 22 and im flabergasted. I have read about making those into update.zips then using stock recovery to then wipe everything off and then update from sd card which then if have just zip. Idk if id have to open it up and make that boot img and TWRP be apart of the original update zip? Well i suppose more reading until my eyes bleed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC