Unable to get ADB and FASTBOOT to work

• Thread starter Deleted member 2777114
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2777114

MODEL: SM-G900T ("UD" is further off to the right, in a bolder font)
FCC ID: #####G900T (the #'s, as I understand, are a unique identifier to my phone?)
RATED: 3.85 V :1500 mA
FOR INFORMATION CALL: 1 888 987 4357

IMEI: <numbers> 16GB
<barcode>
S/N: <numbers> 14.07
<barcode>
MADE IN CHINA

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
MODEL: SM-G900T ("UD" is further off to the right, in a bolder font)
FCC ID: #####G900T (the #'s, as I understand, are a unique identifier to my phone?)
RATED: 3.85 V :1500 mA
FOR INFORMATION CALL: 1 888 987 4357

IMEI: <numbers> 16GB
<barcode>
S/N: <numbers> 14.07
<barcode>
MADE IN CHINA

O.K. scrubofthegalaxy. Just checking as I have encountered, "F", models with T-Mobile (USA) firmware.

I really do not know why you cannot flash a custom recovery to your Android 5.1.1 firmware.

If you are up for longshots, try flashing via Odin3, in AP, the following rooting kernel for the G900T and see if that works...

https://download.chainfire.eu/407/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-kltetmo-kltetmo-smg900t.zip

If, for any reason it does not work, you may need to reflash your stock T-Mobile (USA) firmware, below...

Model SM-G900T
Model name GALAXY S5
Country USA (T-Mobile)
Version Android 5.1.1
Changelist 5406928
Build date Mon, 14 Dec 2015 03:46:09 +0000
Product code TMB
PDA G900TUVS1FOL1
CSC G900TTMB1FOL1

D

Deleted member 2777114

We've been flashing (or attempting to flash) custom recoveries.

To this point, I have not made any backups of the data on my phone.

Will flashing a kernel, or in the worst case scenario of of firmware, be something that I should back my data up over first?

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
We've been flashing (or attempting to flash) custom recoveries.

To this point, I have not made any backups of the data on my phone.

Will flashing a kernel, or in the worst case scenario of of firmware, be something that I should back my data up over first?

In the normal course of events, flashing a root kernel or a custom recovery should cause no issues with data. However, I am a huge advocate of backing up the phone as Murphy's Law dictates that this could be the one time you need it. See, Backup! Backup! Backup! NOW!

D

Deleted member 2777114

I ran the zip file you gave me, after extracting it, so Odin would see the .md5 file.

I saw the red pirate droid and it rebooted a few times before it completed. However, my phone now seems to be stuck in a boot loop.

It's the black splash screen that says "Samsung Galaxy S5 / powered by android" and at the very top, it says (in yellow) "Set Warranty Bit : kernel"

I'm still more than an hour our before the download for the original firmware completes.

What just happened?

D

Deleted member 2777114

Before I unplugged my phone from my laptop:

<ID:0/004> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Binary Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/004> Odin engine v(ID:3.1100)..
<ID:0/004> File analysis..
<ID:0/004> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/004> Initialzation..
<ID:0/004> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/004> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/004> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/004> recovery.img
<ID:0/004> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/004> cache.img.ext4
<ID:0/004> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/004> RES OK !!
<ID:0/004> Remain Port .... 0
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 1 / failed 0)
<ID:0/004> Removed!!
<ID:0/003> Added!!
<ID:0/003> Removed!!

It was just repeating, and I needed to move my laptop to another room for a bit, or I would have left it cabled.

D

Deleted member 2777114

I now have the CyanogenMod and Recovery.

The firmware download also completed.

I still have your root and TWRP.

I will re-flash the firmware (as you mentioned in one of your last posts). I'll let you know the results.

D

Deleted member 2777114

I can't flash the firmware.

Odin isn't recognizing my phone as a device plugged into my laptop.

In fact, I don't think my laptop is detecting the phone as a device plugged into the laptop.

D

Deleted member 2777114

I turned off my phone, went out and bought a temp replacement (that didn't work...) and just decided to plug my handset in and charge it, in case you came back. Odin saw the damn thing.

I rebooted into download mode, and I'm now pushing the firmware from TMO that you had me download from sammobile.

... and everything is there. I didn't even have to use the backup I made with Wondershare MobileTrans (one of the solutions linked to in the "backup now!" thread you posted earlier).

My blood pressure just dropped about 30 points. And I am so happy I don't have a brick.

But it still doesn't address why I can't flash or sideload or anything... So, at least we can get back to that.

Last edited by a moderator:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi scrubofthegalaxy!

Just been reading through your last 5 posts, with their highs and lows. You have now tried numerous different methods of rooting and custom recoveries. I have checked everything... including whether you may have had a fake or clone phone... and still, nothing!

I have checked that there have been no further updates or patches from T-Mobile (USA) that could have locked their bootloader down and prevented rooting, as they have done on the Galaxy S7 & Edge.

I have come across this thread on the xda developers forum... New Firmware G900TUVS1FOL1. They seem to recommend the TWRP + SuperSU method but even this has met with mixed results.

It looked as though you had cracked the problem in post #27 and had root and TWRP custom Recovery, (I do not understand the CyanogenMod reference!). However, you are now back up and running on the stock T-Mobile (USA) firmware, which has, of course, unrooted you.

D

Deleted member 2777114

The Cyanogen reference was just to me downloading another tool.

I wanted to let you know I was working in anticipation of something failing and getting a "Let's try this other thing" response. I figured if I couldn't get my old image and firmware back on, I could at least make sure I had the most popular image and recovery on-hand, in case you wanted me to attempt something with it.

I'll go check out that other thread, and review all the notes there, and perhaps take another stab at it.

D

Deleted member 2777114

I now have TWRP.

No idea how or why it worked. But I now have TWRP.

Time to plug this thing into a hard drive, back it up, wipe it, and then get a new ROM on it.

I'm thinking Cyanogen, since it is the biggest name out there.. but it's just two year old hardware, a little more I think, and I'd like to squeeze a few more years' performance out of it. Is Cyanogen the best recommendation for the handset I have? I was thinking SlimRom, since I'd read it was good for that... but they don't have my handset specifically supported.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Congratulations scrubofthegsalaxy!

CyanogenMods CM13 Marshmallow ROM is still on nightly releases but is pretty darned good if you are prepared to put some effort and reading into it. Don't expect Samsung features like fingerprint scanner though as it is based on AOSP, (Android Open Source Project). However, it does have lots of features that are not on the Samsung TouchWiz firmware, such as, Themes for instance. See, Samsung Galaxy S5 Gets Android Marshmallow

D

Deleted member 2777114

I never used the bells and whistles like the fingerprint scanner.

It's mostly a communication and surfing device. But it gets kind of boggy, and I thought a lighter ROM would do me well. The lightest ROM on the market doesn't support my handset, though.

I also wouldn't use the nightly release. Just the long-term one that was released in... October, was it? ... if I went Cyanogen.

I just know right now that I'm looking for "not Samsung/TMO stock" because anything has to be better. The "best ROM guides" aren't too helpful in picking one out, other than listing Cyanogen at the top of the list every time.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I am afraid that it is a case of, "suck it and see", or, "trial and error", with a lot of custom ROMs. They fall into 3 categories, usually. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly. Depends on how good the dev is.

CyanogenMod are a company.

Which is the custom ROM not available to you?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC