Hello guys, I couldn't root my GS5 a couple of months ago and so I switched to Cyanogen Mod Nightly. But, I recently got a Galaxy Tab S and it reminded me how much I liked TouchWiz's features (Working multiwindow, SideSync, etc) So I went back, and tried a newer SuperSU to flash. And it worked! (I wasted 2 months omfg) And when I did, I installed lucky patcher, then some ads popped up. Then I realized I downloaded it off a non-official site (The official was under this sketchy one) So I uninstalled it, and ads kept on popping up. Before this, after uninstalling the sketchy LuckyPatcher, my phone restarted by itself and it booted once and at the end the boot animation glitched out, then it didn't start but the animation ran again without a glitch and my phone started. I also got a prompt from SuperSU from an application called APP_DEVICE_(random numbers)_administrator or something like that. I ran 3 different virus scanners (Avast, malwarebytes, and an app called Anti Adware) and it wasn't eradicated.
    04-30-2016 03:52 PM
    Factory data reset to get stable; don't install garbage; and if that doesn't work, get working on restoring the device to the stock OS.
    04-30-2016 04:35 PM
    Are you implying that Lucky Patcher is trash or make sure I don't install trash versions. And you changed the title to something misleading to the OP. The root is fine, but I got adware.
    04-30-2016 04:59 PM
    Are you implying that Lucky Patcher is trash or make sure I don't install trash versions. And you changed the title to something misleading to the OP. The root is fine, but I got adware.
    Lucky Patcher is what I was talking about, most of the time it is malware, but at all times it is a prohibited subject in the forums due to its intended purpose of stealing from developers.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-30-2016 05:08 PM