Unable to rearrange icons

Moska

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I recently factory reset and rooted an Samsung Galaxy S5 (G901F) with Lollipop 5.0.2
I have been disabling some bloatware and even uninstalling APPs such as Samsung APPs, S Planner, etc.
Now I can't rearrange the APPs in the Apps view.
I click on the three dots on the top right, then "edit" (no other options appear to sort or rearrange), and then I try to drag the APPs and it says "Unable to rearrange icons in alphabetical order".
I noticed this after installing Google Now Launcher and seeing that I can't select it as my default launcher because it doesn't appear in the Home Settings menu (second problem).
Thanks!
2016-06-06 21.32.35.jpg
2016-06-06 21.32.45.jpg

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Personally, I wouldn't worry too much about Android 5.02 on your G901F model as Samsung as already begun rolling out Android 6.0.1 to this model and you will need to either unroot and flash stock 5.0.2 to receive the OTA update or download and flash the update via Odin which will unroot you.

Moska

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but not sure if I want Marshmallow. Anyway, after factory reset again Now the Google Launcher is working, so can forguet about the problem sorting the Apps.
Anyway if someone know why this is happening I'll like to fix it, as I'm not sure yet if I will keep Google Now as a launcher.

Moska

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes I think that also, but I try to factory reset it an the problem stills there, tried firmware upgrade via Kies3 and it failed (maybe because I'm rooted). So I'm out of ideas.

Moska

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
I tried to upgrade but as I'm rooted I can't. Kied 3 says I have the latest firmware.
I guess my only choice is to find an Android 6.0.1 and flash it via Odin. Any idea where I can find it for my version?
I have an UK phone (it was in EE, but now is unlocked) with build num: LRX22G.G901FXXU1BOK2
I have read some forums saying that you don't need a specific version if you have a "pit" file. How does that work? Should I flash both via Odin?
Thanks

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I tried to upgrade but as I'm rooted I can't. Kied 3 says I have the latest firmware.
I guess my only choice is to find an Android 6.0.1 and flash it via Odin. Any idea where I can find it for my version?
I have an UK phone (it was in EE, but now is unlocked) with build num: LRX22G.G901FXXU1BOK2
I have read some forums saying that you don't need a specific version if you have a "pit" file. How does that work? Should I flash both via Odin?
Thanks

DO NOT mess with the .PIT files unless you know exactly what you are doing. In any case, there should be no need to if you are just flashing stock firmware. The correct firmware for your phone depends on its Product Code. See #1.8 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide for how to obtain this.

Moska

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Thanks ironass,
Good post. I liked specially the tip (#1.8) of writing the complete information of the device in the signature.
Here is my info:
AP G901FXXU1BOK2
CP G901FXXU1BOK2
CSC G901FEVR1BOK1

Being the CSC code EVR in despite of XXU means that there is a mismatch with my CSC? Any other dummies guide to solve this? Should I download the firmware for XXU from somewhere and flash it via Odin?

Cheers

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
You are on U.K. carrier branded firmware for EE. They have not released a stock firmware yet for Marshmallow, Android 6.0.1.

Moska

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but as Marshmallow is not ready yet and my lollipop stills not works properly so I'll like to flash the firmware (even if is lollipop) again. But Kies doesn't help so I'll need to download it from somewhere and flash it with Odin.
This time I promise being careful deleting bloatware, I wasn't able to restore the apps with the back up I did with Titanium before the factory reset.
Also the files I had in the private mode are taking up space but I can't access them after the factory reset. And I don't know how to delete them.
That's why even without Marshmallow ready I want to wipe everything and flashthe firmware again.
Cheers

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Last edited:

Moska

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Well, It worked perfectly. Now I have the phone like new with all the stock apps. But still can't rearrange the icons. That was a lot of time lost... But at least now I know is not because something I deleted. Thanks for all the guidance, I guess now I'm a little more wise.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy