S5 stuck on boot logo

kronon

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Long post, but please bear with me. I have a rooted SM-G900V running Lollipop. Followed instructions here to upgrade to Marshmallow and keep root.

I flashed the stock ROM with FlashFire and set it to reboot into download mode after flash. It flashed but never booted into download mode, it just froze at the Samsung logo, so I waited 30 min until pulling out the battery and going into download mode manually.

Then I installed the PF4 tar.md5 file via Odin3. Again, it downloaded but never booted up properly and was again stuck at Samsung logo. So, I waited 30 more minutes until pulling the battery and manually booting into stock recovery. Checked the android version and it said it was 6.0.1

Any help?

kronon

Jul 23, 2016
Visit site
Thanks man. Someone else suggested I go back to KitKat and try again. Once I'm on rooted 4.4.2, I'm going to flash the 6.0.1 stock rom rather than the deodexed version to see if it works. I haven't seen anything about ugrading from KitKat to Marshmallow and keeping root, but I think it should work if I follow the same instructions posted on that site, right?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Sorry... forgot to double check this thread. You should be able to reflash the stock ROM with a PC program called Odin. I would check XDA for specific information on flashing a Verizon ROM.