Last night I went to factory reset my s5 neo. In twrp.

It worked, until it got to the "just a sec" screen... Then just wouldn't stop loading...

So luckily I had a backup I made of my current setup that I restored...

But I'm looking to start over from scratch out of the box. Hopefully won't lose root and recovery. But then I'd make a backup of how things are before I touch anything, then keep that one on hand as my "ROM" of sorts, my starting point.

But apparently it's more complicated than my s2, which only needed factory reset, then I was in. I did have a rom I used of the 4.0.4 Samsung stock, but other than installing that after three reset I was trying to accomplish the same thing. That one factory reset to gingerbread, and I had root which was the only reason the rom was even needed, no ota updates.

But now that I've figured out which program I want to use to remove bloatware, I'd like to start over using only that app, instead of the like 5 programs I've tried and all having their own backup type.

Or if anyone might know why I got stuck where I did, that would be even better.

No Samsung screen boot loop. I went thru, gave it my language, time zone, all the goodies... It got stuck at that just a sec screen... And I have no idea why. Told it I'd give it Wi-Fi and such info later so it couldn't have been trying to do much. I don't get it.

But anyway, any help anyone can offer would be great!
    08-24-2016 07:54 PM
    It might be an issue with the version of TWRP that you have. Is there an update for that device that you can flash?
    08-24-2016 08:24 PM
    My version of twrp is 3.0.2-0, the s5neolte version.

It was the latest at least at the time of installing... Which was only I think last week? 2 weeks ago at the most?

So far I do like cwm recovery, that my other device has, better.

Was I better off to wipe absolutely every option available in advanced wipe, instead of just telling it swipe for factory reset?
    08-25-2016 01:44 AM
    My version of twrp is 3.0.2-0, the s5neolte version.

It was the latest at least at the time of installing... Which was only I think last week? 2 weeks ago at the most?

So far I do like cwm recovery, that my other device has, better.

Was I better off to wipe absolutely every option available in advanced wipe, instead of just telling it swipe for factory reset?
    I would suggest an earlier version of TWRP. Might be a bug. As for what you did, the swipe to factory reset, that's fine.
    08-25-2016 08:59 AM
    Um, so how would I go about removing the one version, before installing another?

Don't need both on there taking up space.

Which version is recommended?

Is there some other step I was missing that caused it to mess up on me?
    08-25-2016 10:16 AM
    Sorry about the delay. Recoveries are overwritten. There is no lost space. As for which version, it can depend on the device. I was thinking one prior version to see if there is a big and then you can flash the ROM with TWRP.
    08-25-2016 04:15 PM
    Thing is, I don't have a fresh rom yet, I'd have to "make"one, so to speak, by making a backup of my system, after a fresh factory reset (that works properly).

So basically right now all I'm needing is factory reset to work properly.
    08-25-2016 04:49 PM
    Ok. Sorry I was under the impression that you had wiped the OS. What I said about recoveries still applies. You can just flash and reset like normal.
    08-25-2016 06:51 PM
    Will have to give that a try.

It really will just replace, and I won't end up with 2 recoveries?

I don't think my version now is in beta testing or anything... I don't think. Will have to have a look again and see
    08-25-2016 11:57 PM
    Recoveries are overwritten. You won't have 2.
    ironass likes this.
    08-26-2016 08:45 AM