Galaxy S5 (SM-G900P) bricked - Odin fail

Christopher Bender

Dec 10, 2016
Visit site
Hi,
I've been trying to repair my soft-bricked Galaxy S5 for days and without any success. I keep getting the following message in Odin:

<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/008> Odin v.3 engine (ID:8)..
<ID:0/008> File analysis..
<ID:0/008> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/008> Initialzation..
<ID:0/008> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/008> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/008> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/008> boot.img
<ID:0/008> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/008> recovery.img
<ID:0/008> system.img
<ID:0/008> FAIL!
<ID:0/008>
<ID:0/008> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Any thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Two quick questions Christopher Bender...

1. Are you attempting to flash a .PIT file?

2. Is Re-partition checked in Odin?

Aidan Brookes

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
How convenient? My gs5 too was soft bricked when I was having problems with it and decided to try flashing the stock firmware, and now I'm having the exact same problem. I had never previously rooted or otherwise messed with my phone at all. I never bothered to check the "usb debugging" box and I'm finding mixed reviews on whether that needs to be done in order to use Odin. When I try flashing it fails pretty quickly and shows the same message as Bender. My phone says "SW REV CHECK FAIL : [about]Fused 4 > Binary 1". I have no clue what that means. I would greatly appreciate some insight.
Things I have tried
- Using multiple PC's
- Flashing many different stock firmwares from many different sources (including sammobile and gs5root.com)
- Installing usb driver
- Swapping USB cable
- Kies emergency recovery (says device not supported)
- Smart Switch emergency recovery (also says device not supported)
- Factory reset (before my phone became soft bricked)

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
How convenient? My gs5 too was soft bricked when I was having problems with it and decided to try flashing the stock firmware, and now I'm having the exact same problem. I had never previously rooted or otherwise messed with my phone at all. I never bothered to check the "usb debugging" box and I'm finding mixed reviews on whether that needs to be done in order to use Odin. When I try flashing it fails pretty quickly and shows the same message as Bender. My phone says "SW REV CHECK FAIL : [about]Fused 4 > Binary 1". I have no clue what that means. I would greatly appreciate some insight.
Things I have tried
- Using multiple PC's
- Flashing many different stock firmwares from many different sources (including sammobile and gs5root.com)
- Installing usb driver
- Swapping USB cable
- Kies emergency recovery (says device not supported)
- Smart Switch emergency recovery (also says device not supported)
- Factory reset (before my phone became soft bricked)

Hello and welcome to Android Central Aidan Brookes!

Does anything my post, above yours, apply to you?

Also, you state, "Flashing many different stock firmwares from many different sources (including sammobile and gs5root.com)
".

There will only be one correct firmware that matches your phone's model, CSC and Product codes, as per #1.11 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. Attempting to flash anything else can cause issues, void your warranty and prevent updates OTA or via Smart Switch.

Aidan Brookes

Dec 12, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for replying.
No I never attempted to flash a .pit file or repartition.
Yes I know my model is SM-G900A and I've only ever tried to flash firmware which is (as far as I know) for that model. The main reason I say "different firmwares" is just because they are from different sources, though not necessarily any different. This is with the exception of the one from sammobile, which for whatever reason only includes the one file, which I'm lead to believe is an AP. I'm not sure if this represents some inherent difference or if they just didn't bother to include the others.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for replying.
Yes I know my model is SM-G900A and I've only ever tried to flash firmware which is (as far as I know) for that model. The main reason I say "different firmwares" is just because they are from different sources, though not necessarily any different. This is with the exception of the one from sammobile, which for whatever reason only includes the one file, which I'm lead to believe is an AP. I'm not sure if this represents some inherent difference or if they just didn't bother to include the others.

So, you have the AT&T carrier minority variant, G900A, and not the Sprint, G900P as per the thread title. This is the most regulated and customised Galaxy S5 firmware on the planet. See, #1.6 of 42 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide. You cannot flash to downgrade the firmware back to KitKat, etc. There is only one reliable source, since AT&T do not allow the usual Samsung sources to access their firmware, and that is this post on xda developers forum, which will guide you through the download and flashing process for Marshmallow.

Mahdi Bagheri

May 15, 2019
Visit site
Hi Aidan,

I have a galaxy S5 cell phone which has ran into some issues similar to your description. I was wondering if you ever were able to find a solution for that? My cell phone model and error that I get during using odin is exactly similar to what you described in your comments.

sw rev check fail fused 4 > binary 1

I am almost convinced that there is no way to fix this phone and plan to buy a new one. If you can just confirm that you don't know any solution, I will go ahead and sadly buy a new one :(

Thanks,
Mahdi

Mahdi Bagheri

May 15, 2019
Visit site
Thanks for replying.

Hi Aidan,

I have a galaxy S5 cell phone which has ran into some issues similar to your description. I was wondering if you ever were able to find a solution for that? My cell phone model and error that I get during using odin is exactly similar to what you described in your comments.

sw rev check fail fused 4 > binary 1

I am almost convinced that there is no way to fix this phone and plan to buy a new one. If you can just confirm that you don't know any solution, I will go ahead and sadly buy a new one

Thanks,
Mahdi