Where are configuration messages located in Android Nougat?

A

AC Question

I just got a new SIM and when the network sent me the "Configuration messages", I wasn't able to find them anywhere. Nor could I locate a section that said "Configuration messages" like in the older android versions. I thought it may be a fault from the network's side but when I inserted the SIM into other phones, I was able to receive and locate my configuration messages.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Sometimes the carrier sends a text message. Sometimes, updates or changes are done automatically once you accept them. Is the phone working okay?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

In other words, you can text and call, but have no Internet connection over mobile data? It may be worth trying a Power Off & Restart to see whether that fixes it. I've occasionally been instructed to do that myself as a final step after receiving carrier settings updates.

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I'm afraid you didn't really understand what I meant. The sim is fine and so is my phone. I can connect to the internet but I can only use 2G because the internet settings have not been installed which you receive in the configuration messages whose section I cannot locate.

I just need to find where configuration messages are. But I can't locate it's section

So, what do I do?

Last edited by a moderator:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Another member, hallux, has suggested contacting your carrier with the request that they send the message again.

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
The message is sent every time the SIM is inserted in a mobile device that doesn't have the SIM's internet settings installed. I have inserted the SIM in other devices and was able to receive the messages but not so much here. I could also access the configuration messages section in the menu in Android 5.0 but I am unable to locate any such section in Nougat.

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I referring to the settings under Access Point Names. It's showing, "Zong Internet" and "Zongmms" but if you click on it then everything is "Not set" there meaning the Internet Settings have not been installed.

I'm 100% sure that the problem isn't in the SIM card at all. I inserted it in some other phones and was able to receive and install the Configuration messages.

I could recieve the APN settings when I had Android 5.0 on my phone but after flashing Android Nougat, I can't locate any section for the Configuration messages nor am I able to receive a pop-up for it.

My Carrier is a Chinese company called "Zong".

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
You say you flashed Nougat, was Nougat actually available for your device or did you find a 3rd-party ROM to install it on your device? This could be one problem resulting from the 3rd-party ROM.

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh, now we're getting somewhere. Once you start flashing 3rd-party ROMs you add a whole other layer of complexity or failure points. Your carrier may be reluctant to help much with a non-stock OS installed.

Mar 2, 2017
Visit site
I don't think my Carrier knows of that. I feel like I'm receiving the APN settings but am just unable to locate them. Like if there could just be a folder or a section for them?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03