New Samsung Galaxy S5 G900A not recognized on any computers!

FredricJLowe

May 12, 2020
Visit site
New SM-G900A AT&T Factory Unlocked phone is not recognized by my HP Envy Notebook or on another computer.

I am using the Samsung cable that came with the phone (have tried using a different one as well without any luck!), have enabled USB debugging, checked the box for Media MTP mode, updated the drivers, gone into device manager without the phone being seen, entered on the Dialer *#0808# and where I saw USB settings, checked the MTP button, clicked OK and rebooted the phone.

I have tried everything so far that I can find, but still no solutions!

I never had this issue with 2 previous SM-G900A phones!

Any suggestions as to how I can get this new phone to be recognized on the computer?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try installing Samsung Kies, which I think is also supposed to make sure the proper drivers are installed: www.samsung.com/in/support/kies/

Also, make sure the charge port is clear of debris -- blow it out with a can of compressed air, and clean the contacts with a cotton swab dipped in rubbing alcohol.

Since your "new" phone is clearly used/refurbished, it's very possible the charge port is damaged or faulty, such that it only allows charging but not data transfer.

FredricJLowe

May 12, 2020
Visit site
Issue solved. It was the "new Samsung cable" that was in the box. This is supposed to be a brand new AT&T factory unlocked phone. I bought it on eBay.
Of course, this maybe a refurbished one, but how would I know?
I checked the "new cable on the other 2 Galaxy S5 phones and it wouldn't recognize either! Last week when I backed up the old phone with a cracked screen, it was recognized. I thought maybe this was a Windows 10 update that was causing the issue. So I plugged in my old Samsung cable and it recognizes all 3 phones now.

Thank you to all of you that looked at this and offered suggestions!

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Issue solved. It was the "new Samsung cable" that was in the box. This is supposed to be a brand new AT&T factory unlocked phone. I bought it on eBay.
Of course, this maybe a refurbished one, but how would I know?
I checked the "new cable on the other 2 Galaxy S5 phones and it wouldn't recognize either! Last week when I backed up the old phone with a cracked screen, it was recognized. I thought maybe this was a Windows 10 update that was causing the issue. So I plugged in my old Samsung cable and it recognizes all 3 phones now.

Thank you to all of you that looked at this and offered suggestions!
Glad you got it going

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newprvn