Hi. I have looked at many different help section on the internet to solve the problem of my missing brightness slider on my S5 phone and they all tell me to go to the NOTIFICATION PANEL and then to tick the box that says BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTMENT. My problem is that when i look at this brightness adjustment option , the tick box IS ticked and it shows up in green, but it is very feint. It won't let me click on brightness adjustment option and turn the tickbox on or off.
    It looks like it should be on , but that whole line of the display is very very feint and i guess that is why i can't get the brightness slider back.
    Does anyone know how to overcome this problem please.
    Many thanks
    Jimmy
    05-29-2020 10:16 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Display>Brightness. Is Automatic Brightness turned on? If so, uncheck it and see if you can use your slider again.

If not, then show us a screenshot of what you're seeing: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html
    05-29-2020 10:26 AM
    See if still issue in safe mode
    05-29-2020 11:32 AM