Galaxy S5: Normal battery drain % per hour: what are you getting?

alastairlee

Jun 15, 2020
Visit site
I've been having charging problems with my Samsung Galaxy S5 recently, I have recently replaced the battery, which has helped dramatically and recently it was losing 1% per hour on idle with the replacement battery, but, this morning, it's been losing 3% per hour on idle.

Can anyone help please as I don't think this is normal?

Many thanks,

Alastair

BergerKing

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Hello, Alastair, and welcome to the Android Central forums! I moved your thread to the S5 subforum and made your question its own thread, since your original post was in a two year old thread about the S3.

Take a look at the listing under battery usage and see what was using your battery, there should be a chart in your Battery Usage listing. Also, did you get an actual Samsung battery, or a "replacement"? It can affect charging, discharging, and performance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! 3%/hour still means 33 hours of standby, which is pretty good.

To expand on BergerKing's response, charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which may show Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html
You might have to install a 3rd party battery monitor, like GSam Battery Monitor, to get the Cell Signal Strength graph.