Galaxy S5 won't go passed the logo after Factory Reset , halp!

s8n187

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
hi members . i have a Galaxy S5 and when i got it i did a Wipe Partition and Factory Reset. What happened next is i would get stuck at the animated Samsung logo. After many tries and fiddling i got it to go past the logo and it went to another screen (i think it was updating apps) then straight to the default S5 where i could use the phone as i pleased.

anyways i have been using it for about 7 days and i've been getting a error message for example (WIFI Analyzer stopped working) and it will only work if i delete the cache for that app. But it only works once then same error message.

i believe the OS has been corrupted due to using CCleaner and i have done a Factory Reset and Partition Clear , now i'm back at the start where it won't go past the animated Samsung logo.

the first time i pressed random buttons and finally got past it but not now , does anyone know how i can get past the logo?

chat soon

s8n187

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site
update..........

i left the S5 on the Samsung logo for about 2 minutes and noticed that the animation started chugging like it was doing something in the background. So i left it for another 4 minutes approx and when i checked it the phone had started up and wanted me to go through the initial settings when getting a new phone. Hope this thread helped someone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad you got it working, but bear in mind that this might be a symptom that the aging hardware might fail completely in the near future. So if you plan to keep any important data on the phone, make sure it's backed up or synced somewhere on a regular basis.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca