Galaxy S5 Black Screen Issue

Alexanium

May 29, 2022
Visit site
I am having a black screen issue with my Samsung S5 (Model SM-G900V). I recently dropped the phone on the ground which caused the screen to immediately go black. I've gone through alot of steps in my efforts to fix this issue and have had no success in getting it back in working order.

- With old screen phone was somewhat responsive to touch still. But wasnt enough to pull the phone out of the slide screen. But with the new screen it is completely unresponsive to touch.
- Phone boots totally normally. All fuctions work 100%. So it's a completely functional phone aside from the black screen and no touch. I can raise and lower the volume and take screenshots. Essentially anything that you can trigger with the side buttons and home button it works 100%.
- All buttons and interactions that are touch screen dependant are non-functional.

I'll go ahead and list off some of the things i've tried.
- I've restarted the phone.
- Done the power button trick involving removing the battery and holding the button down for 1-3 minutes. I've done this about 11 times at different time intervals in between other tests and have had no luck.
- Removed and reseated the battery and started the phone back up.
- Tried booting the phone into safe mode, nothing shows, but I can tell the phone has entered safe mode based on the phone powering up and the phones overal behavior when it's not booting normally and is going into safe mode
- Removed the old screen and purchased a new one. New screen is also black and unresponsive.

The new screen I purchased is this one from Amazon. It insists that the G900V is supported, but i'm wondering if thats not the case, or perhaps the screen I recieved was faulty.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B089RF1K1W?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Unless you have experience with phone repair, I'd suggest taking the phone to a qualified repair shop. But if you want to keep trying yourself, maybe you can see if there's a loose connection somewhere.

Alexanium

May 29, 2022
Visit site
Thank you for the response. At this time i'm not noticing any loose connections in anything I have alot more experience with, so i'm avoiding any of the actual mounted circuitry that aren't simple plugs.
I am mainly curious if there is perhaps something off about the amazon screen that states it's compatible or if I just got unlucky and got a faulty screen. If that screen is actually incapitble and someone sees something that i'm not seeing please let me know.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for the response. At this time i'm not noticing any loose connections in anything I have alot more experience with, so i'm avoiding any of the actual mounted circuitry that aren't simple plugs.
I am mainly curious if there is perhaps something off about the amazon screen that states it's compatible or if I just got unlucky and got a faulty screen. If that screen is actually incapitble and someone sees something that i'm not seeing please let me know.
Welcome to AC
Your link with screen replacement shows it for your version but the next steps would be repair shop, being how old that device is it not worth it in my opinion as 35.00 you already spend and still not working properly , this device will not be compatible on mobile network and apps will not be supported soon .
My advice move on from this device.

Alexanium

May 29, 2022
Visit site
I do plan on moving on. It's been a longtime plan of mine to move onto a newer model, however I just need something to be able to access my data and pull everything off thats important to me.
I am mostly just wondering if anyone sees anything with that screen that stands out with it potentially not being supported by my current phone.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I do plan on moving on. It's been a longtime plan of mine to move onto a newer model, however I just need something to be able to access my data and pull everything off thats important to me.
I am mostly just wondering if anyone sees anything with that screen that stands out with it potentially not being supported by my current phone.
That can't be determined over the internet someone needs to physically look at your device it's way to old to determine that without a professional repair shop.

It looks like you purchased correct screen if it's defective or not correct no way to know for sure.

I can help you going forward always back up important Data in multiple places .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar