As displayed on some websites like galaxys5price.com, galaxys5.us, galaxys5news.com and galaxysv.com. I have seen that they are saying the new will have powerful battery and many more sensors to mesmerize people. Is this true?
    09-15-2013 01:44 PM
    Knowing Samsung's track record, probably. But we won't know anything definitive until the device is announced.
    09-15-2013 01:50 PM
    I'm sure that they will be 64-bit, and then it will be the greatest thing ever.
    09-15-2013 01:57 PM
    The press release from the CEO of Samsung said 64bit wasn't coming anytime in the near future. I just hope they don't put a bloody finger print scanner on it
    09-15-2013 04:34 PM
    The press release from the CEO of Samsung said 64bit wasn't coming anytime in the near future. I just hope they don't put a bloody finger print scanner on it
    Quote from J.K Shin of Samsung:

"our next smartphones will have 64-bit processing capability."
    09-15-2013 04:43 PM

You forgot to add the part that he said;
    but added that these devices would not be arriving "in the shortest time."
    It COULD be in the S5 but there's no guarantee.
    09-18-2013 09:41 AM
    Of course all will move to 64-bit in some time..

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.
    09-18-2013 02:45 PM

Well Apple invented 64-bit so nobody can use it or else its copying! C'mon man, get with it Almeuit! ....lol!
    09-18-2013 02:51 PM
    As displayed on some websites like galaxys5price.com, galaxys5.us, galaxys5news.com and galaxysv.com. I have seen that they are saying the new will have powerful battery and many more sensors to mesmerize people. Is this true?
    Most site like this are just based on rumors or fictitious information.

Anyone with a 3rd grade education could probably predict that the next Galaxy phone will have "more powerful battery and more sensors"...that's not exactly news, that's educating guessing based on real-life patterns.

You forgot to add the part that he said;
    but added that these devices would not be arriving "in the shortest time."
    It COULD be in the S5 but there's no guarantee.
    I just took this to mean that it won't be the Note 3 or any devices that are already in the pipe. I'd be surprised if the GS5 didn't have a 64bit processor (even if it doesn't need one).
    09-18-2013 03:01 PM
    Most site like this are just based on rumors or fictitious information.
    I just took this to mean that it won't be the Note 3 or any devices that are already in the pipe. I'd be surprised if the GS5 didn't have a 64bit processor (even if it doesn't need one).

Well I think it's safe to say the Note 3 wouldn't have one, since the specs were released before that press conference and they aren't about to go redesign the entire device.
    I could care less about 64bit. It will be like when Intel started coming out with 64bit processors for PC. No drivers worked for it, there were no apps for it, and it really didn't increase performance that much. And even today. I have 64bit processor. And I don't notice a bit of difference between windows 7 x86 and 64bit. And I am sure the same will happen with phones. iPhone just tossed that in there with their fingerprint scanner to once again fool their loyal heards that sadly follow them to each new device. The new 5S only has 33% increase in cpu performance. That HAD to do something else to make it look better than the 5
    09-19-2013 06:19 AM
    Well Apple invented 64-bit so nobody can use it or else its copying! C'mon man, get with it Almeuit! ....lol!
    64 bit CPU exists for a good time now,Intel and others didn't wait for the apple to ''create'' it.
    Same goes for the touchscreens,smartphone with Windows and touchscreens existed years before the iphone 1 but the apple company is claiming now that they invented it.
    Example: The imate JAM from 2005 with touchscreen,about 2 years before Iphone 1
    i-mate JAM Black - Full phone specifications
    09-19-2013 07:24 AM
    64 bit CPU exists for a good time now,Intel and others didn't wait for the apple to ''create'' it.
    Same goes for the touchscreens,smartphone with Windows and touchscreens existed years before the iphone 1 but the apple company is claiming now that they invented it.
    I know Jeff! I was just making fun of......ahhhhh forget it!!
    09-19-2013 08:57 AM
    Arm is actually working on that now, by around this time next year, you'll see manufacturers start to upgrade to 64 bit chips.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    09-19-2013 10:26 AM

It also said:

"Samsung's mobile business head JK Shin has said that the company's next smartphones will feature a 64-bit CPU, according to the Korea Times."

Whoops! I meant to quote mhinc.
    09-19-2013 10:39 AM
    64 bit cpu = o.k
    Finger print scanner = hell no

Sent from...?
    09-19-2013 10:50 AM
    Apple never claimed that they invented the touchscreen. They just made it better, and patented their technology. As far as 64-bit, they only say that iPhone is the only 64-bit smartphone.
    09-19-2013 10:51 AM
    Well I think it's safe to say the Note 3 wouldn't have one, since the specs were released before that press conference and they aren't about to go redesign the entire device.
    I could care less about 64bit. It will be like when Intel started coming out with 64bit processors for PC. No drivers worked for it, there were no apps for it, and it really didn't increase performance that much. And even today. I have 64bit processor. And I don't notice a bit of difference between windows 7 x86 and 64bit. And I am sure the same will happen with phones. iPhone just tossed that in there with their fingerprint scanner to once again fool their loyal heards that sadly follow them to each new device. The new 5S only has 33% increase in cpu performance. That HAD to do something else to make it look better than the 5
    As someone who has to run analysis on arrays with millions of rows of data, I *definitely* have a need for 64 bit PC...but you're right, the average home user probably doesn't notice a single difference.
    mhinc likes this.
    09-19-2013 11:44 AM
    Arm is actually working on that now, by around this time next year, you'll see manufacturers start to upgrade to 64 bit chips.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    Or earlierm I hope. Arm is done with 64 bit processors and has been since last year or longer~ if I am not mistaken, that's how the Iphone 5 is running off ARMv8 on their redesigned last generation cores. The actual physically processors may not be out for a while but something tells me it will be the 1st half of 2014.
    09-19-2013 12:34 PM
    64 bit cpu = o.k
    Finger print scanner = hell no

Sent from...?
    Looks like it won't have a fingerprint scanner, but an iris scanner I found more info about the S5 here. It looks like the page will be selling the phone, but for now it just lists the latest news about it. I don't know if everything they say there is true, but they do make some good points. Great Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5 Deals
    12-26-2013 11:26 AM
    Having a 64-bit processor without a 64-bit OS is quite useless other than spec boasting and it will only get tossed in their face by bloggers and babies around the world. Focus on what they can do to make the GS5 a success and less on crapware they add to it.
    02-11-2014 09:05 PM