06-01-2014 07:40 PM
148 1234 ...
tools
    But...but...why no comparison to the Lumia 930?

I guess this is why I don't venture away from WPCentral often....
    Welcome to Android Central! By all means, let us know how the Lumia 930 would compare!
    02-07-2014 03:29 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! By all means, let us know how the Lumia 930 would compare!
    I have no idea about the 930, we have nothing really on the radar for it yet... I'd expect it to be a fall device like the iPhone 6.

As for a spring device, there is the Lumia 929 (Icon, but I don't like that name, haha). Slated for Verizon, 5" HD screen w/ Nokia "No Bump" PureView (the 20MP variation instead of the 41MP big bump) That is all rumors currently though.

EDIT:Speaking of the Devil...it hits our front page.
    New Windows Phone teased by Nokia, could be Lumia Icon for Verizon | Windows Phone Central
    • Qualcomm Quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor at 2.2GHz
    • 5-inch AMOLED display, 1080 x 1920
    • 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage (no micro SD)
    • Dual LED Flash
    • NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
    • Available in glossy white or matte black
    [I'm a WPCentral Ambassador, enlightening myself to the dark side]
    B. Diddy and Golfdriver97 like this.
    02-07-2014 03:36 PM
    I have no idea about the 930, we have nothing really on the radar for it yet... I'd expect it to be a fall device like the iPhone 6.

As for a spring device, there is the Lumia 929 (Icon, but I don't like that name, haha). Slated for Verizon, 5" HD screen w/ Nokia "No Bump" PureView (the 20MP variation instead of the 41MP big bump) That is all rumors currently though.
    New Windows Phone teased by Nokia, could be Lumia Icon for Verizon | Windows Phone Central
    • Qualcomm Quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor at 2.2GHz
    • 5-inch AMOLED display, 1080 x 1920
    • 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage (no micro SD)
    • Dual LED Flash
    • NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
    • Available in glossy white or matte black

Sounds like a good phone spec-wise.
    Fwiw, I'd probably take that over an iPhone
    Welcome to the dark side, btw

Posted via Android Central App
    B. Diddy and Russ Smith like this.
    02-07-2014 03:43 PM
    Yeah, I'm torn between these two and the HTC One sequel. Been on Android forever, currently Galaxy Nexus. My wife has a 4s and honestly, she gets better reception and battery life than I do and we are both Verizon. My concerns are those two areas and the only reason I may switch to iPhone 6. Never really considered one due to small screens but if the new one is 5 inches or so, I may take the plunge.

Don't know. At least both the HTC and S5 should be out in plenty of time before the i6.
    02-07-2014 03:55 PM
    Yeah, I'm torn between these two and the HTC One sequel. Been on Android forever, currently Galaxy Nexus. My wife has a 4s and honestly, she gets better reception and battery life than I do and we are both Verizon. My concerns are those two areas and the only reason I may switch to iPhone 6. Never really considered one due to small screens but if the new one is 5 inches or so, I may take the plunge.

Don't know. At least both the HTC and S5 should be out in plenty of time before the i6.
    If radios are important, Moto is the way to go. From my experience the iPhone's radios are average at best.

02-07-2014 03:59 PM
    Thanks guys. You didn't think you'd get rid of me so easily? lol. I didn't really switch, I'm Bi. Bi-OS that is!

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64
    I'm Tri-OS!
    WP8
    BB10
    iOS

Maybe a Nexus 5 in the future
    02-07-2014 04:35 PM
    I'm Tri-OS!
    WP8
    BB10
    iOS

You're missing the best OS of them all

B. Diddy likes this.
    02-07-2014 04:36 PM
    I'm Tri-OS!
    WP8
    BB10
    iOS

You should really add Android to that list, and if you want to remove BB10 it's okay, we'll forgive you, no really, we will.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE
    B. Diddy, Golfdriver97 and UJ95x like this.
    02-07-2014 06:57 PM

From one Ambassador to another, thanks for giving us something else to consider.
    UJ95x and Curtieson like this.
    02-07-2014 10:24 PM
    If radios are important, Moto is the way to go. From my experience the iPhone's radios are average at best.

I keep thinking back to that "Antenna-Gate" issue the iPhone had. The issue was the way one held their phone and the solution was a case. Lol

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)
    dancing-bass likes this.
    02-08-2014 06:42 PM
    I keep thinking back to that "Antenna-Gate" issue the iPhone had. The issue was the way one held their phone and the solution was a case. Lol

Hey, I got a nice free case outta AntennaGate.

02-08-2014 06:52 PM

The grip of death lol

02-08-2014 07:15 PM
    Hey, I got a nice free case outta AntennaGate.

You can take your case and...

...shove it on your phone.

Golfdriver97 and edyts like this.
    02-09-2014 09:37 AM
    Respect to all iphone users. Its a great phone. I know cause my girl had one. Even though I don't like the design of the ipones in general, apple has a way with the overall "finish" of their products.
    But in the end its not for me. S5 it is.
    02-09-2014 08:10 PM
    You can take your case and...

...shove it on your phone.

Such love.

Eclipse2K likes this.
    02-09-2014 08:48 PM
    Respect to all iphone users. Its a great phone. I know cause my girl had one. Even though I don't like the design of the ipones in general, apple has a way with the overall "finish" of their products.
    But in the end its not for me. S5 it is.
    But you haven't seen it yet have you? You're gonna commit to it based on the rumors?

02-09-2014 08:50 PM
    But you haven't seen it yet have you? You're gonna commit to it based on the rumors?

Probably more of a preference of Android over iOS, is my guess.
    02-09-2014 09:16 PM
    Such love.

Always and forever.

02-09-2014 10:02 PM

Very true. I haven't seen either of them. But as long as Samsung continue to provide the things that matter most to me such as removable battery, Amoled screen,
    and certain elements of there ui such as true quick toggles, powersaving mode etc etc. I will continue to purchase their phones. No other OEM provides those features.
    I suppose anything can happen and Samsung may not include those things. But I highly doubt it.
    02-10-2014 05:10 AM
    Very true. I haven't seen either of them. But as long as Samsung continue to provide the things that matter most to me such as removable battery, Amoled screen,
    and certain elements of there ui such as true quick toggles, powersaving mode etc etc. I will continue to purchase their phones. No other OEM provides those features.
    I suppose anything can happen and Samsung may not include those things. But I highly doubt it.
    I'm really hoping that Samsung does something new and delivers unquestionable build quality AND premium build materials. They know that's what the consumers want and, to me, there's just no good excuse anymore (not that there ever was) to not get the S5 perfect in these regards. Say what you want about the iPhone 5S but only those in denial would say it doesn't look and feel like a premium piece of equipment. There's no reason the S5 can't surpass it in that regard.

Sent from my liberated titanium 5s 32
    02-10-2014 06:01 AM
    I'm really hoping that Samsung does something new and delivers unquestionable build quality AND premium build materials. They know that's what the consumers want and, to me, there's just no good excuse anymore (not that there ever was) to not get the S5 perfect in these regards. Say what you want about the iPhone 5S but only those in denial would say it doesn't look and feel like a premium piece of equipment. There's no reason the S5 can't surpass it in that regard.

Is it better than the iPhone 5? That aluminum body was cheap and scratched for no reason.

02-10-2014 06:24 AM
    Is it better than the iPhone 5? That aluminum body was cheap and scratched for no reason.

No matter what material is used, if you don't take care of your phone it will show. Some folks don't believe in using cases and believe in throwing their phones in their pockets with lint, sand, keys, and change. That's gonna show. I've never had a phone get beat up but I've had cases get scratched and burred. If I had to choose between the materials used for the phones hull I would always choose some sort of metal over some sort of plastic. ...but I'm gonna work to protect my phones using cases, tempered glass screen protectors, etc., since to me my phones don't represent an insignificant investment and I like to keep things looking nice.

02-10-2014 07:12 AM
    No matter what material is used, if you don't take care of your phone it will show. Some folks don't believe in using cases and believe in throwing their phones in their pockets with lint, sand, keys, and change. That's gonna show. I've never had a phone get beat up but I've had cases get scratched and burred. If I had to choose between the materials used for the phones hull I would always choose some sort of metal over some sort of plastic. ...but I'm gonna work to protect my phones using cases, tempered glass screen protectors, etc., since to me my phones don't represent an insignificant investment and I like to keep things looking nice.

The iPhone 5 was coming out of the box with minor scratches. Apple even came out and acknowledged the material scratching as being normal. I had an iPhone 5 for a week to try it out and in day one I scratched it and I have no idea how. Didn't leave my house...

Not a rip on Apple. Just don't understand

02-10-2014 07:28 AM
    The iPhone 5 was coming out of the box with minor scratches. Apple even came out and acknowledged the material scratching as being normal. I had an iPhone 5 for a week to try it out and in day one I scratched it and I have no idea how. Didn't leave my house...

Not a rip on Apple. Just don't understand

Yeahp. Apple dropped the ball on the 5 and cheaply anodized/painted the phone instead or using colored/dyed aluminum like they do on the 5s. HTC still makes the same mistake Apple did on their colored HTC Ones. That's what they get for trying to be cheap. Cheapness always shows, if you're gonna color aluminum do a quality job on a durable finish.

02-10-2014 07:53 AM
    Yeahp. Apple dropped the ball on the 5 and cheaply anodized/painted the phone instead or using colored/dyed aluminum like they do on the 5s. HTC still makes the same mistake Apple did on their colored HTC Ones. That's what they get for trying to be cheap. Cheapness always shows, if you're gonna color aluminum do a quality job on a durable finish.

Glad to hear Apple fixed this. A premium build isn't very premium when it is finished cheaply.

02-10-2014 09:51 AM
148 1234 ...