Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone 6 - which would you choose?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
For the meanwhile I'm firmly planted with iOS iGadgets. iOS may feel limiting to us Android types in its stock form but once jailbroken, which is telepathically simple (think Wugfresh but much simpler) you have enough customization to keep even the most ADHD types engaged. It's quite fun. Now, the size thing. Well, I've found that since I have a Retina Mini LTE and an Air LTE the one-handedness of the 5s is very convenient. When I want more screen I grab whichever of the aforementioned fits the mood, but have no problem with the 4" screen whatsoever. I love the iOS AppStore, ecosystem, and the quality and quantity of iGadget accessories, as well as the convenience of FaceTime.

Perfect iOS I not but it doesn't, to me, deserve the iHatred it often garners here. So many seem to feel that they have to be loyal to one of the other. I like android a lot when its dressed up with Nova Prime and a nice icon pack like Glasklart but don't care for stock android at all, I've found. The G2 and Note 3 were, by far, my favorite android phones but I could never really find an android tablet that was issue-free enough for me. When I discovered all that was so easily done with jailbreaking I knew I had to give iOS another chance. So far, so good.

If we get a 5" diagonal iPhone 6 with a sapphire display I won't complain.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE
and_one_for_my_homies-4199.gif

Curtieson

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! By all means, let us know how the Lumia 930 would compare!

I have no idea about the 930, we have nothing really on the radar for it yet... I'd expect it to be a fall device like the iPhone 6.

As for a spring device, there is the Lumia 929 (Icon, but I don't like that name, haha). Slated for Verizon, 5" HD screen w/ Nokia "No Bump" PureView (the 20MP variation instead of the 41MP big bump) That is all rumors currently though.

EDIT:Speaking of the Devil...it hits our front page.
New Windows Phone teased by Nokia, could be Lumia Icon for Verizon | Windows Phone Central
  • Qualcomm Quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor at 2.2GHz
  • 5-inch AMOLED display, 1080 x 1920
  • 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage (no micro SD)
  • Dual LED Flash
  • NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
  • Available in glossy white or matte black

[I'm a WPCentral Ambassador, enlightening myself to the dark side]

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I have no idea about the 930, we have nothing really on the radar for it yet... I'd expect it to be a fall device like the iPhone 6.

As for a spring device, there is the Lumia 929 (Icon, but I don't like that name, haha). Slated for Verizon, 5" HD screen w/ Nokia "No Bump" PureView (the 20MP variation instead of the 41MP big bump) That is all rumors currently though.
New Windows Phone teased by Nokia, could be Lumia Icon for Verizon | Windows Phone Central
  • Qualcomm Quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor at 2.2GHz
  • 5-inch AMOLED display, 1080 x 1920
  • 2GB of RAM, 32GB of internal storage (no micro SD)
  • Dual LED Flash
  • NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE
  • Available in glossy white or matte black

Sounds like a good phone spec-wise.
Fwiw, I'd probably take that over an iPhone :)
Welcome to the dark side, btw

Posted via Android Central App

winste

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I'm torn between these two and the HTC One sequel. Been on Android forever, currently Galaxy Nexus. My wife has a 4s and honestly, she gets better reception and battery life than I do and we are both Verizon. My concerns are those two areas and the only reason I may switch to iPhone 6. Never really considered one due to small screens but if the new one is 5 inches or so, I may take the plunge.

Don't know. At least both the HTC and S5 should be out in plenty of time before the i6.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I'm torn between these two and the HTC One sequel. Been on Android forever, currently Galaxy Nexus. My wife has a 4s and honestly, she gets better reception and battery life than I do and we are both Verizon. My concerns are those two areas and the only reason I may switch to iPhone 6. Never really considered one due to small screens but if the new one is 5 inches or so, I may take the plunge.

Don't know. At least both the HTC and S5 should be out in plenty of time before the i6.

If radios are important, Moto is the way to go. From my experience the iPhone's radios are average at best.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

From one Ambassador to another, thanks for giving us something else to consider.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If radios are important, Moto is the way to go. From my experience the iPhone's radios are average at best.

I keep thinking back to that "Antenna-Gate" issue the iPhone had. The issue was the way one held their phone and the solution was a case. Lol

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I keep thinking back to that "Antenna-Gate" issue the iPhone had. The issue was the way one held their phone and the solution was a case. Lol

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (Verizon)

Hey, I got a nice free case outta AntennaGate.

Sent from my liberated iridium rMini LTE

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Respect to all iphone users. Its a great phone. I know cause my girl had one. Even though I don't like the design of the ipones in general, apple has a way with the overall "finish" of their products.
But in the end its not for me. S5 it is.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood