06-01-2014 07:40 PM
148 ... 456
tools
    I just like having the ability to do what i want with my phone without having to jailbreak it or rooting. Even without rooting my S3 i still have a lot more freedom than i would with an iPhone( or EYEphone as i like to call them lol). I'm also scared that i will somehow break my phone if i even attempt to jailbreak or root. I know it's supposed to be easy , but I'm not a techie and I'd rather not risk it. I pay too much money for devices to risk voiding my warranty because i don't know what I'm doing. lol
    Completely understand. However, trust me when I say rooting can be pretty durned easy and jailbreaking? It's telepathically simple. Almost unbelievably so. But with Android you have a lot of tweaking available as soon as you power up your device.

Enjoy!

{iRiidium} Technophile. 1 of 4 
    03-09-2014 07:12 AM
    I'm excited with iPhone 6. I love my Moto X uniqueness and plus it's close to stock android. I love to use both platforms (iOS and Android). I just don't really really like TouchWiz. Sorry samsung.
    03-09-2014 04:29 PM
    I found a mockup of the iphone 6 ! (comparated with other phones,as iphone 5s) but is in 3D WebGL!! check it out Apple iPhone 6 vs Apple iPhone 5S - Telfonos Mviles Comparacin De Las Especificaciones. You can see it from every angle.
    And yes I would definetely be interested in the iphone 6 too
    05-22-2014 04:10 AM
    I've had Apple iPhone's since the 3G model (5 years, 3 different phones) and switched to the Galaxy S5 one month ago and couldn't be happier. Maybe it was just being with Apple for so long that it seemed stale but the biggest gripe I had about the iPhone is that the OS is so locked down; customization is limited. All of the phones I owned were eventually jailbroken but even with that the customization was still limited. It is a great device, good & stable OS, large app store but I just couldn't handle the lack of customization any more. Also having to do a majority of things through iTunes became annoying.
    05-22-2014 02:19 PM
    I left the iPhone world because iOS was bland, boring and baked in.

I got tired of having to wait for Jailbreaks to come out to customize my iPhone. And then having to decide between upgrading to OFFICIAL iOS versions to get security patches or sticking with a Jailbroken older version with the security holes in it was just too much to juggle.

I LOVE TOUCHWIZ and ANDROID. So much more customization and detail than Apple would EVER willingly allow on an iDevice. Never have to worry about being out of date and I'll always have my phone looking how I want it to look.

iPhone 4, 5, 6 - doesn't matter. The phone hardware is irrelevant - all smartphones do the same thing now. It's the software that makes or breaks it for me and stock iOS is bland and boring.
    05-22-2014 02:23 PM
    Got a new S5 a few weeks go and love it. This is what the "new" iPhone will look like, oh yah, except for the way Apple locks it down.
    05-22-2014 02:37 PM
    I would like to go with iPhone 6 . New iPhone 6 will come with latest iOS 8 and very light weighted. And before some days back iPhone 6 case is leaked. So rumors are going out that how it will look like & without releasing phone how it is possible to come phone's case.
    05-26-2014 07:22 AM
    People are funny.....the iPhone 6 doesn't exist yet and your recommending it lol? Recommending what exactly? Something you've imagined? All the mock ups in the world don't mean a thing because u have no idea what they are really releasing . So until you've seen what they DO release, and how it matches up against another potential phone your interested in (s5), this is a beyond stupid forum. Oh and whoever is recommending a phone that doesn't exist......if that's not trolling I dunno what is.
    lgdlman likes this.
    05-26-2014 09:14 AM
    S5 = real phone.
    iPhone 6 = vapor ware.

The S5 is what folks are hoping the next apple will be. But in reality, nobody knows for sure.

Posted via Android Central App
    05-26-2014 12:16 PM
    I've been an iPhone user out of the gate.. never realized how locked down and minimalistic it was... just got the s5 and never been happier..

To top it off the imessage scheme not buying apple products in the future for that reason.

Everyone had a iphone back then.. not anymore s5 smashes iphone in all categories for me but slight appearance and design could've been cleaner on the edge of the s5

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    05-26-2014 12:35 PM
    I do not like Apple. I feel that their attitude is "if you can't beat the competition...sue them." Apple likes to retain too much control over their device...unlike Android that you can customize to your heart's content. Personally I will never buy an Apple product.
    05-27-2014 02:00 AM
    Definitely the galaxy s5

Posted via Android Central App
    05-27-2014 07:22 AM
    Yes, S5,just beacause is running Android. The iphone will be more futureproof, but after i switched to Android, IOS was like a kid toy. 😄

Posted from my G2
    05-27-2014 07:46 AM
    Of those two I would get the I phone!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT...LIFE IS GOOD✌
    05-27-2014 07:47 AM
    I would chose the S5 no doubt.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    05-27-2014 12:08 PM
    I have the s5 (and iPhone 5s) currently. I will be dumping both for new phones in the fall. If I can predict the future I am thinking Moto X+1 and iPhone 6.
    05-27-2014 12:32 PM
    You come to a an Android forum to ask if you should get an iPhone. How about asking the same question on the iPhone forum.
    Bottom line is the iPhone 6 is not released yet. I had an iPhone 4 and loved it . Solid great battery life, great camera and worked as advertised no complaints.
    IOS iCloud sun is fantastic if you have a MACbook which is another Excellent device! If my iPhone would not have died at the hands of my grand daughter I would still have it.

So if you can wait for the iPhone 6 to be released, wait and match them spec for spec. I could not wait and I wanted the latest phone available. SAMMY S5 was waiting for me. I love it also, Both phones systems have advantages. The S5 is not perfect but you will be happy with it if you buy now.

Just remember its not like a house or car. You can get another in a year and help the world economy.
    05-27-2014 01:04 PM
    Both are nice but apps are still I believe apps are still more refined in iOS. Even this tapatalk app offers more options in the iOS version than in this Android version. That said, I think Android is more entertaining due to its customizability.

g2
    06-01-2014 12:44 PM
    From the "leaked" pics, I'm not liking what I'm seeing kooks very cheap and makes the S5 look REALLY good! LOL

Unless Apple releases something significantly different, I'm sticking with my S5.

Then again I already have the 64GB iPad Air LTE and with LG G3, Note 4, One+ One coming I would rather upgrade to one of these.
    06-01-2014 01:40 PM
    I'm a switcher before I had an iPhone 5 and then got rid of my iPad 2 for Nexus 7 2014 and fell in love with it and really got into the android ecosystem with pushed me to get a galaxy s5 last Tuesday and I really love the customization options

Posted from my Nexus 7 2013 or Samsung galaxy S5
    06-01-2014 04:16 PM
    I recently had my 5s stolen so I purchased a S5 just to give android a fair shot. I've been an iPhone user since the original. There's so many great things about both that I like really. It's going to be tough to decide when it comes. If the screen REALLY is a 4.7" screen is what will make it hard not to switch. My S5 screen is amazing. Nothing comes close I think. But things that I really liked about my iPhone was the way email was handles, touch ID, facetime, and overall device ease. This battery life is great though on my S5!! And why has apple not added a back button. Everytime I pick my iPad I keep hitting the bezel in the lower right thinking it will take me back. I will miss that if i switch.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app
    06-01-2014 05:06 PM
    Android has tons to offer and once you really get used to it and take it for granted I can understand why one would feel negativity for iOS.

g2
    06-01-2014 06:37 PM
    Definitely go with S5 Active

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    06-01-2014 07:40 PM
148 ... 456