Samsung Galaxy S5 or iPhone 6 - which would you choose?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Considering this is an Android forum, I realize that there will be probably be a huge bias, but it'd be interesting to hear from people who are on the fence between Android and iOS. The expected iPhone 6 is in more of a rumor stage than the S5, but would you wait until you hear more about what's in store from Apple before considering the S5? To me, it seems that it's not so much a question of hardware--it has more to do with how the respective operating systems are evolving. With the relatively tepid reception iOS7 received, Apple will really need to dazzle with iOS8.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy S5

I have tried to enjoy the iOS ecosystem but just can't bring myself to that point. iOS is too locked down and minimal customization really ruins it for me.

From a hardware standpoint I definitely am not an iPhone fan. So far the screens have been far to small for my liking and the technology inside is so far behind other phones on the market.

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
GS5. Unless the iPhone gets considerably larger, I'll never use one. And even then, it would be a secondary phone :p

Sent from my SGH-M919 using AC Forums mobile app

tscanlon

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
I will likely choose the S5 since it will be out 5-6 months ahead of the iPhone 6. I will have what I want in my hand without waiting 6 months on rumors.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
It'll be interesting to see the new Iturd, but to be honest I have never used one, or will I ever. That being said, my wife, daughter and son had them and I can tell you they both liked them. I for one will say go for the S5 but in the end you have to get the device which best suits your need. I hate the fact that you're tied to Itunes with the Iturd. Maybe there are ways around that but not worth it to me. And FYI....I converted my wife, daughter and son to the S3 and now they sport the S4. And soon the S5. :D

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I am personally not a big fan of Apple products, so almost by default I would choose the S5. However, until TW starts going on a diet, I am not going to be to thrilled with that either.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
For the meanwhile I'm firmly planted with iOS iGadgets. iOS may feel limiting to us Android types in its stock form but once jailbroken, which is telepathically simple (think Wugfresh but much simpler) you have enough customization to keep even the most ADHD types engaged. It's quite fun. Now, the size thing. Well, I've found that since I have a Retina Mini LTE and an Air LTE the one-handedness of the 5s is very convenient. When I want more screen I grab whichever of the aforementioned fits the mood, but have no problem with the 4" screen whatsoever. I love the iOS AppStore, ecosystem, and the quality and quantity of iGadget accessories, as well as the convenience of FaceTime.

Perfect iOS Is not but it doesn't, to me, deserve the iHatred it often garners here. So many seem to feel that they have to be loyal to one of the other. I like android a lot when its dressed up with Nova Prime and a nice icon pack like Glasklart but don't care for stock android at all, I've found. The G2 and Note 3 were, by far, my favorite android phones but I could never really find an android tablet that was issue-free enough for me. When I discovered all that was so easily done with jailbreaking I knew I had to give iOS another chance. So far, so good.

If we get a 5" diagonal iPhone 6 with a sapphire display I won't complain.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Haalcyon, nooooooooo!!!;) Just kidding, glad you're enjoying your iStuff. Good to see you around!

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
For the meanwhile I'm firmly planted with iOS iGadgets. iOS may feel limiting to us Android types in its stock form but once jailbroken, which is telepathically simple (think Wugfresh but much simpler) you have enough customization to keep even the most ADHD types engaged. It's quite fun. Now, the size thing. Well, I've found that since I have a Retina Mini LTE and an Air LTE the one-handedness of the 5s is very convenient. When I want more screen I grab whichever of the aforementioned fits the mood, but have no problem with the 4" screen whatsoever. I love the iOS AppStore, ecosystem, and the quality and quantity of iGadget accessories, as well as the convenience of FaceTime.

Perfect iOS I not but it doesn't, to me, deserve the iHatred it often garners here. So many seem to feel that they have to be loyal to one of the other. I like android a lot when its dressed up with Nova Prime and a nice icon pack like Glasklart but don't care for stock android at all, I've found. The G2 and Note 3 were, by far, my favorite android phones but I could never really find an android tablet that was issue-free enough for me. When I discovered all that was so easily done with jailbreaking I knew I had to give iOS another chance. So far, so good.

If we get a 5" diagonal iPhone 6 with a sapphire display I won't complain.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

iOS has gained an outstanding user. Glad to hear you are enjoying your devices, Haalcyon.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys. You didn't think you'd get rid of me so easily? lol. I didn't really switch, I'm Bi. Bi-OS that is!

Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks guys. You didn't think you'd get rid of me so easily? lol. I didn't really switch, I'm Bi. Bi-OS that is!

Come on....compelling evidence for Android...

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Attachments

• 1391803903953.jpg
    1391803903953.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 380

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
^lol. Don't tell my wife...or Lucy Liu!

If I could only have one mobile device it'd be Note 3 by a huge margin, love the G2 as I so. I could only step to a smaller screen because of the rMini iPad

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21