Who's going to buy a Galaxy S5?

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Maybe your a fan of the Samsung Galaxy family or maybe your moving over from another platform but the burning question is will you buy the S5?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

lattemaker

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Re: Who's going to buy an S5?

I just got my Nexus 5 about a week ago but I'll probably check out the S5.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

optimummind

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Most likely. Unless the spec bump, SOC-wise, is minor. I currently daily 2 phones - GS4 and Nexus 5 - and both are plenty fast for me.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I probably won't. Don't like what Sammy's been doing lately
Moto was looking good, so we'll see how that goes as more time passes from when the deal was made

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running Slim Bean 4.3

bigmatt503

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Since my Verizon upgrade is may 2nd the S4 may be available then.
I have my HTC Droid dna now and it might not be worth using my upgrade since my dna is in close to mint condition..So.... Maybe :)

Sent from my ROOTED HTC droid DNA using cyanogenMod 10.2

enik

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Probably not. Just not a fan of the ergonomics, build, or ui. Now if all three of those things change I'd consider it, but after owning almost every flagship the past couple of years I keep getting underwhelmed by Samsung. Its still a great device just others fit my wants and needs much better.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Neutrino

Oct 2, 2009
Visit site
No I will always stick with the note's now...

There is a lot of merit to this. We really won't know how the S5 compares with the S4 and Note until Feb 24. All we have to work with right now are conflicting rumors.

If the S5 turns out to be a dud, I may join you in getting a Note. Quad core and 3GB RAM are a must. Some leaked benchmarks suggest the S5 could have constraints due to the quad display that eat at CPU performance.

Posted via Android Central App on my Moto X

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I am going to get it. I started with Samsung with the S2 and have moved on to the other versions when released. Hopefully the minimum standard will be a 32gb version. I'm with the Red Devil now but when the S5 is launched I'm moving over to AT&T to take advantage of the lower pricing plan. I buy my device outright so I might as well save a hundred every month on the bill. :D

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I agree on the minimum storage standard of 32gb. Then add a 64gb option. The days of 16/8gb are over in my opinion especially on flagship models.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci