Samsung Galaxy S5 standard and S5 prime images leaked on Amazon

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 standard and S5 prime images leaked on Amazon

I've read where the Prime was mentioned. Only a few more days and the rumors (not saying this is one) can be laid to rest.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Galaxy S5 variants to be called Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S5 Prime? Galaxy S5 variants to be called Galaxy S5 and Galaxy S5 Prime? | SamMobile

That'll be interesting to see. Spigen did the same thing with the N5 and if I recall, the design was right on. We're a few days out and more information is starting to come out. I'd be surprised if we don't see hardware leaks leading up to the event.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

I use Spigen cases and recently sent a request in to see if they were going to have accessories (I really like the Glas.T Nano) ready on launch day. The response said they would but this shows in stock April 15th but I know that could change.

God, this gets expensive!

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site

i think it is photo-shopped. one of them has no home button. And on the time AM should be after the time not in front of it.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

i think it is photo-shopped. one of them has no home button. And on the time AM should be after the time not in front of it.
True. But would that be a difference in models? Prime has no home button and the regular S5 having one? Or vice-versa? I would think the "Prime" version to be the model with no physical home button if two variations do exists.

Again, everything is a rumor until we see what Samsung unveils on the 24th.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

True. But would that be a difference in models? Prime has no home button and the regular S5 having one? Or vice-versa? I would think the "Prime" version to be the model with no physical home button if two variations do exists.

Again, everything is a rumor until we see what Samsung unveils on the 24th.

Why not? Maybe one will have the scanner, while the other one doesn't. Its possible.

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
I plan on purchasing the S5 upon release, if Samsung releases a prime version 2-3 weeks later I will be beyond mad as will the thousands of other people who purchase the device. It just seems like an idiotic business move to me and I highly doubt Samsung will do that.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I plan on purchasing the S5 upon release, if Samsung releases a prime version 2-3 weeks later I will be beyond mad as will the thousands of other people who purchase the device. It just seems like an idiotic business move to me and I highly doubt Samsung will do that.

What I don't get is why they would release the cheap one before the good one. Either put the good one first or release them at the same time.

Also, if this is the case, u should wait till both are out to compare, unless you may have buyers remorse

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
What I don't get is why they would release the cheap one before the good one. Either put the good one first or release them at the same time.

Also, if this is the case, u should wait till both are out to compare, unless you may have buyers remorse

I'm sure both will be releasing both.

Posted via Android Central App

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site

Its a stupid idea, why have a cheaper model of a flagship device, it just adds confusion to the customers. Flagship should mean top of the line, best of the best, there should be no prime, plus or pro variants of a flagship device.

Samsung already received plenty of negative feedback for the S4 Active, S4 Zoom and S4A, consumers were not happy to have the name of their flagship device watered down with multiple other variants. Either Samsung got the hint the first time around or they are going to learn the hard way this time around.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Its a stupid idea, why have a cheaper model of a flagship device, it just adds confusion to the customers. Flagship should mean top of the line, best of the best, there should be no prime, plus or pro variants of a flagship device.

Samsung already received plenty of negative feedback for the S4 Active, S4 Zoom and S4A, consumers were not happy to have the name of their flagship device watered down with multiple other variants. Either Samsung got the hint the first time around or they are going to learn the hard way this time around.

I agree. However, I'm not sure that consumers complained about it. At least not in the way that actually matters (with their dollar ).

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Funny thing is if this was apple Spigen would be shut out from ever selling their cases. But since Samsung isn't saying anything they are taking the maybe it is, maybe it isn't position. I do look forward to the announcement, I am taking my lunch at 2pm just so I can watch.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
A cheaper model will let users on a tight budget pick up the latest and greatest but we all know its a gimmick. Like the iphone 5c is just a rebranded and plastic iphone 5. I think the lower end model will slighter be faster than the s4 but not by much.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX (tapatalk)

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

A lot of other companies do that, its so people can have an affordable version of it without paying the expensive price. I feel like its for people that want the flagship device without paying the price for it. Its just the more expensive one has better features

HTC One and HTC One Mini
Kinda like different versions of Kindles

msavic6

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
A lot of other companies do that, its so people can have an affordable version of it without paying the expensive price. I feel like its for people that want the flagship device without paying the price for it. Its just the more expensive one has better features

HTC One and HTC One Mini
Kinda like different versions of Kindles

Samsung also has an S4 mini, I don't mind a mini version since it has a specific purpose; to be smaller than its big brother. Releasing a Prime version with better specs but the same size phone is what bothers me, that just adds confusion to people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Samsung also has an S4 mini, I don't mind a mini version since it has a specific purpose; to be smaller than its big brother. Releasing a Prime version with better specs but the same size phone is what bothers me, that just adds confusion to people.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Yo can think of it as the Galaxy S5 mini in a way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty