Share your Galaxy S5 camera photos, videos, and thoughts!

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site
Man that looks terrible. Did the photo drop in quality when you uploaded it? or is that the original quality of the pic?

Agreed. A lot of the photos that I've seen taken with the s5 have not really been that good. But I'm sure that we will see a lot more in the upcoming weeks.

Posted via Android Central App

rekkid

Dec 13, 2011
Visit site
I think a lot of that is from tapatalk... they just butcher the heck out of photos. There's going to be ISO noise from it being a night shot... but all that ugly artifacting and blotchiness is from tapatalk.

I love going around and seeing what each phone's camera can do (here on AC and over at WPCentral) and I just skip over images that have that awful orange logo in the corner, because I know the quality is just going to be bad and not a true representation of what a camera can do.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
selective focus (took a bit to get to work right, gotta make sure you are close to the object and far from the background, thought not much different than spot-focusing on the target anyway.)

20140411_141631.jpg

peteypab2133

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
how'd ya get it early? you in sales for VZW? that flash looks fake, like a dummy model lol

Sorry should have posted front image first
a9y9uru3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
No idea how to get it to embed a video from Picasa/Google+, but here, preview of the 1/8th slow motion video feature

[URL="https://picasaweb.google.com/108298182040954132162/20131118?authkey=Gv1sRgCL2N_ISrqYyjRQ#6001127779620796770"[/URL]

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
ummmmmm so i took some good light outdoors pics, and i'm absolutley shocked as to how bad they are compared to my G2.

every sample shot i saw looked better than my G2, and then I get my hands on it, and it's just awful. on my black truck in perfect lighting, noise reduction went amuck and the entire truck looked blotchy and watercolorry. i can't believe how bad this camera from my initial testing. i'm getting furious that i spent full price on it.

2014-04-11 15.57.04.jpg

like wtf is that? why is noise-reduction going crazy? the lighting was fine; the iso was 400. i don't get it. i'm doing side by sides to my G2 rgiht now, and the G2 is blowing it away.
-----------

which one looks better, and more detailed?

2014-04-11 17.15.16.jpg2014-04-11 17.15.39.jpg

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
ummmmmm so i took some good light outdoors pics, and i'm absolutley shocked as to how bad they are compared to my G2.

every sample shot i saw looked better than my G2, and then I get my hands on it, and it's just awful. on my black truck in perfect lighting, noise reduction went amuck and the entire truck looked blotchy and watercolorry. i can't believe how bad this camera from my initial testing. i'm getting furious that i spent full price on it.

View attachment 112013

like wtf is that? why is noise-reduction going crazy? the lighting was fine; the iso was 400. i don't get it. i'm doing side by sides to my G2 rgiht now, and the G2 is blowing it away.
-----------

View attachment 112014View attachment 112015

Just a single and easy question, did you remove the protective plastic on the camera lens? Just asking, that was a common mistake on the S4 and Samsung just did the same with the S5 so you will see a LOT of users complaining. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just pay a close attention to the camera and you will see a rounded protective plastic in there, just get some Transparent tape, rub it a little, and then peel it off. If you do know what I'm taking about it, then sorry, just double checking the basic stuff.

jayochs

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Just a single and easy question, did you remove the protective plastic on the camera lens? Just asking, that was a common mistake on the S4 and Samsung just did the same with the S5 so you will see a LOT of users complaining. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just pay a close attention to the camera and you will see a rounded protective plastic in there, just get some Transparent tape, rub it a little, and then peel it off. If you do know what I'm taking about it, then sorry, just double checking the basic stuff.
indeed i did. that was the first thing i did. i know all too well of camera plastic lol..s4, and the blue ring around the G2.

in the end, i've decided the S5 wasn't for me, which in all honesty is quite disappointing as i've waited weeks for it, just to get it and return it 7 hours later.

the camera just wasn't up to par with my G2 (which I guess it takes you getting something worse to make you realize that what you had actually wasn't all that bad) and the body-shifting/creaking issues that plauged almost every Samsung phone i've purchased...just wasn't worth the annoyances and headache for me in the end.

i will say the touchwiz redesign was incredibly nice, though...but for now, it's back to my G2. maybe I'll get a G3 when it comes out, who knows.

best of luck to ya all!

trandz

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Im big into wet shaving, so here you are. Messed around editing it on the phone a bit. Folks, dont forget we have a bunch of options to turn an OK photo into one that is amazing. 1901240_10203229382992349_2875621263009385149_n.jpg

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
All these are just regular shots, no editting. Taken at Twilight with just one 120W outdoor floodlight.

no flash even.

20140411_195836.jpg

20140411_195756.jpg

20140411_195902.jpg

Way better than the S3 would've done.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 112013

-----------

View attachment 112014View attachment 112015

The top picture looks better. The colors are way off on the bottom picture. Which is which?

Also, don't upload through tapas all and ask about image details. It butchers them. Utilize Flickr, OneDrive, or Dropbox ... something better (yes it is more work lol).

I cannot comment on details in super compressed images.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

kj8924

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Btw not supper happy qith the camera quality. The nokia icon is superior in every aspect but the 4k video looks good in the right light. Its limited to 5 minute videos though.

If anyone is having camera quality issues make sure you look close at the lens, there is a thin piece of plasic on it you need to remove.

peteypab2133

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
If anyone is having camera quality issues make sure you look close at the lens, there is a thin piece of plasic on it you need to remove.

First thing I did ! Im a photographer so I guess I critique things a little rough. At my disposal though I have a nokia icon galaxy s4 and note 2 and 3. After testing them the icon seemed like hands down the best camera. Video is not as good ad the s5. But the s5 in 4k is limited to 5 minutes. The s5 is nice but im still leaning towards the z2 if it comes. If not I will stick with the s5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy