Share your Galaxy S5 camera photos, videos, and thoughts!

jrgavette

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site
I confess... I am the most interesting man in the world..

url]

Sent from my Galaxy S5, using tapatalk

Last edited:

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Just a single and easy question, did you remove the protective plastic on the camera lens? Just asking, that was a common mistake on the S4 and Samsung just did the same with the S5 so you will see a LOT of users complaining. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just pay a close attention to the camera and you will see a rounded protective plastic in there, just get some Transparent tape, rub it a little, and then peel it off. If you do know what I'm taking about it, then sorry, just double checking the basic stuff.

I think the bottom pic looks better. You can see the difference especially when looking at the reflection of the lamp on the PS4. There just appears to be more detail to me. Without seeing the original scene it's hard to comment on the color accuracy (the black looks black), but you tell us which one looks like the actual wood grain. If you had just uploaded the top image (the one from the S5) I would have said that it looked pretty good. It's only side-by-side with something else that you can tell the difference I think.

The top picture looks better. The colors are way off on the bottom picture. Which is which?

Also, don't upload through tapas all and ask about image details. It butchers them. Utilize Flickr, OneDrive, or Dropbox ... something better (yes it is more work lol).

I cannot comment on details in super compressed images.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 using Tapatalk

I think you already know the answer to your question. If not, the top one is from the S5, since it takes pics in a native 16:9 aspect ratio. :)

I agree about Tapa compressing images, but if they are both done through Tapa and you can see a difference that difference should also be there at full resolution.

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I think the bottom pic looks better. You can see the difference especially when looking at the reflection of the lamp on the PS4. There just appears to be more detail to me. Without seeing the original scene it's hard to comment on the color accuracy (the black looks black), but you tell us which one looks like the actual wood grain. If you had just uploaded the top image (the one from the S5) I would have said that it looked pretty good. It's only side-by-side with something else that you can tell the difference I think.

I think you already know the answer to your question. If not, the top one is from the S5, since it takes pics in a native 16:9 aspect ratio. :)

I agree about Tapa compressing images, but if they are both done through Tapa and you can see a difference that difference should also be there at full resolution.

I asked so that means I didn't know. Many phones come with the highest 16:9 setting enabled by default. The Note 3 came that way, and so did the Galaxy S3 I had IIRC. I believe the S4 also came with a similar default setting.

Compression can affect different images differently, even when run through the same program. Depends on what data is in the image and how the compression algorithm handles it. Running them through the same program doesn't mean the results are equally affected towards the end image :)

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
fwiw, I had selective focus on and also spot focus, I tapped the flower to focus and got basically the same picture as I did when it processed it through the selective focus.

The only thing that's bothering me is the S3 had a macro setting whereas I can't seem to get the S5 to focus from as close.

Ceetar

Jul 27, 2012
Visit site
Really? The auto mode seems to do just fine up close on mine. The camera was maybe 4 inches away in this picture.

View attachment 112317

Maybe I just have to get used to it more, but I don't seem to be able to get as close as with the S3-macro setting. The pictures are probably as crisp when I zoom, but I'm pretty sure I used to be able to get closer than 4in.

If I get too close it won't stay focused.

20140413_143125.jpg

20140413_153756.jpg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac